Newbie help

First off, I’m totally new to Ruby, coming from PHP and Actionscript. I’m trying to get my SVN to communicate with Basecamp so that it posts messages when files are committed.

Here’s the code I’m using:

http://pastebin.com/m4b50acc1

I don’t know how to tell what’s wrong with it because it’s not giving any output, and I haven’t a clue how to output text and variable to a command line. If there’s anybody that can take a quick glance over the code to see if I’m making some sort of stupid mistake, that would be great! I don’t think it’s a syntax error as much as it is just a working error. If I could put something in the code to help with debugging it and actually outputting some data to determine what’s not working, that would be great!

Also, I’m working off of a new Ruby 1.9.1 install. I don’t know where to check to see if the “require yaml cgi etc” files are located. I do have shell access and have installed Ruby in my home directory since I’m on shared hosting…

I’m usually not the type that asks for help unless I’ve wasted a whole night’s sleep on trying to figure this out, and this is one of those cases.

Thanks for all the help! :smiley: