Newbie wants your advice

Hi,

I am a newbie and want to create a website about my passion which is anime. I donot know much about website development but I know a great deal about anime and manga. I am willing to provide great quality content about anime and manga along with anime streaming. My question is I see a lot of sites already doing it, so is it already too crowded to make another anime site? How much profitable are those sites now?Would you kindly also tell me what are my chances of getting in the top 10 of google and how much time and effort will be required? Thanks, would really appreciate your advice and suggestions.

If you know little about web development I would suggest getting started with something like Tumblr, it will allow you to get up and running quickly. I’m afraid I have no idea about anime so can’t help with that but you need to be clear about how you are going to make money, just building it isn’t enough.

Thank you for your answer. Anime are like animated tv shows mainly from Japan, Manga are like comics. They have become very popular since the last 5 years.I was thinking of earning from ads. But what Iam unable to estimate is how much traffic i will need to earn a decent income [$200-$500] per month?And also is it worth it?

Make your website special and different. Organize your website in a good way that attracts most. Try not to copy or imitate from others, but do your own thing.

Hi it takes time to attract visits they will not just come overnight to your site but if it’s your passion DO IT at least you would have tried. But do ALOT of research on the web, write from you own perspective, and heart and with passion. Write often and it could take months maybe a year or more but soon alot of visitors will come link to and visit other sites and comment on them this should make it happen faster though hope all this helps. Good Luck to you!!!

I agree with the previous posts. Begin with a site builder program. A lot of web hosts have programs that you can use to build a site. Learn what you can about promoting your site. A lot of people build a site and think they are done. That’s like a kid with a kool aide stand in the yard. He has the product but with no marketing, where are the customers. Look into social media networking to spred the word about your site for example.

Take professional help for creating the website and the chances of getting in the top 10 of Google is depend upon your quality website and back linking.Also on your competitors.

Even in a crowded niche is possible to go to the top. It is much harder, that’s true. But not imposible. Your creativity, the way the content is organize (this is 50% of your success), providing a new, easier way to navigate (I’d give a good 40% of your success here), the design… everything will affect and drive you to success or failure. Small details in crowded niches matter even more.

I like anime too (it has not become popular in the last 5 years, it’s been popular for ages, with its ups and downs) and, from time to time, I do visit anime sites. Most of these sites list the anime movies/series of their choice and their chapters. A few of them provide the ability to view these movies in HD, either free or by paying a small fee.

Others allow you to read the manga (with their own viewer, so you can’t download the content)

A few are speciliazed in a particular series (like FullMetall Alchemist)

Another option to make money could be to link a store (with an affiliate program, of course) where the manga can be bought

Apart from doing what everybody else is doing, you should ask yourself what your web should have, something that you, as a fan, find that it’s not anywhere else but that you would love to see. That new feature will probably put you at the top even if the niche is too full of competitors

you want paid sites or free sites? there can be a lot of free sites you can use like wordpress, blogger, tumblr, posterous, and etc. But yes, I would agree to that one who said you try tumblr. It’s perfect for sharing graphic images which would fit your manga/anime theme kind of blog. It’s completely free. In fact, most fan fiction sites wherein fans post gif images and other graphics, most of them use tumblr. I have a lot of friends in the Castle and how I met your mother fandoms who are into tumblr and they post gif of their favorite scenes and stuffs like that.

Hi keith33, first make ur website with diffrent content, well designed with a great website designer.
after that concern to an SEO Expert who gives you some good advice to crowl your website in index of google.

Actually, this is just wrong. Your marketing plan needs to be in place even before the design phase starts and that also means your SEO since the coding will be seriously affected.

See the idea of using tumble is good. Post whatever you want to share with people, since a good blog in tumblr is easily indexed by Google and also it helps in getting traffic. Then after building a good website you can use that blog to market your website. Then there are many other SEO techniques that can help you rank your website. The most important part is “content”, as you said you know much about anime and manga. Use your knowledge and post fresh content, it will definitely help you alot.

so is it already too crowded to make another anime site?

You can always build a better mousetrap.

How much profitable are those sites now?

Looking at the anime sites on page one for the term Anime, I would say they are doing very well

Would you kindly also tell me what are my chances of getting in the top 10 of google and how much time and effort will be required?

How long is a piece of string? Depends on the tools you possess to make this happen. You will be competing against some pretty big players.

You dont need to be in Googles top 10 to have a decent earning. You just have to offer something different than other sites do, you as a passionate must study what you would like to see on such site and what will make you come back. Also promoting yourself on Facebook, adding every day a pic, a post, a short trailer will make you popular. And it`s better to try and fail than to regret you never tried!

This thread is old and is only attracting fluff posts. Thread closed.