Newbie, whats best, joomla, wordpress

As a webmaster I often got questions about how to start a website, the easiest reply is to hire a webmaster who would design the website and add content in it and then they will give you access to sections of your website to make your own modifications and addition.

but then I have those who absolutely want to do their website themself. This friend of mine wants to do a website (not a blog) all by himself and he knows nothing about webmastering. I want to offer him an easy solution, something not complicated for a newbie.

should I refer him to a “Make your own website for business or personal use in minutes” website? If so, what would be your suggestions?

or instead should I told him to use a CMS? I know drupal and its not that easy to use when you know nothing about the web bu t how about Joomla or wordpress? can a newbie will have no difficulties using those and wich one is the easiest?

thanks for your suggestions.

This topic has been covered in other threads.

Please Search using the vBulletin Advanced Search and SitePoint’s [URL=“http://search.sitepoint.com/”]Advanced Search