bodrul — 2011-12-05T16:21:43-05:00 — #1
I am freelance editor.I am speculating to start a new news magazine which will cover everything...
The questions are these:
1. How quickly would I have to get enough traffic that it started to annoy an ISP which offers me a free space to host a website?
2. Would I need to buy a domain name rather than use my "personal" website allowance?
3. How easy is it to add RSS feeds and make them look good?
dawebstar — 2011-12-07T03:30:10-05:00 — #2
If you really want to make it big, you should consider buying a hosting package and a domain name. You can start with a lower package in hosting. Also, I would recommend you to use wordpress. It will be the best platform for your magazine. There are lot of news magazines theme for Wordpress, just google it
tweber_thesba — 2011-12-08T13:55:56-05:00 — #3
- Well, if you already worried about that, you should buy a hosting plan. A good starter plan isn't that expensive and should provide more than enough bandwidth.
- It's going to look so much more professional if you buy your own domain name. If you're serious about this, a good domain name would be the first thing I would acquire.
- That's fairly easy as most online site builders include RSS feeds as a feature.
system — 2011-12-09T05:41:47-05:00 — #4
you should buy a hosting plan with good bandwidth it would be better for your news mag...and at the same time a domain name is alos important this is very basic thing for a good start ..and RSS feeds is very simple feature which u can get for your news mag.
jessica_david — 2011-12-13T04:18:22-05:00 — #5
How quickly would I have to get enough traffic that it started to annoy an ISP which offers me a free space to host a website?
I guess the traffic depend upon the type of stuff you are sharing on the website as well as you targeted audience.
Would I need to buy a domain name rather than use my "personal" website allowance?
There is no need to buy new domain. it do affects and helps the website to rank if you have used the same keyword in the domain name that you are targeting on the website.
How easy is it to add RSS feeds and make them look good?
its almost 10 minutes job if you consult a good developer who can really help you.
shyflower — 2011-12-15T15:13:53-05:00 — #6
The first post in this thread was copied from this thread. Please click the link to discuss the question there.