Niche Social Networks

theres too many nowadays for me to keep up with… you guys heard of woof! ??

Nope. What can you tell us about it?

I was only messing. its from the office.

But in all seriousness, the main social networks (facebook, twitter, pintrest…) only scratches the surface of the amount of social media platforms there are

I looked woof up on Google. Although there are many different types of ‘woofs’ – even one that is wwoof (two ‘w’ – aside does that make it a quadruple ‘u’?) there are several that may be niche social networks. One for organic farming and one file sharing network, Web Offering One File and of course, a dog forum.

I am not aware these niche, almost I am not heard about these website before the reading this post. But I think I am confused that there is no need for niche social networking website, because your friends on any social networking website is the same interest to you. so why one one use these website instead the famous Facebook, twitter, linked.

Use them to meet new people in your sphere of interest to expand your network of friends, colleagues, and contacts.

Summed up perfectly Shyflower… it is meant to be a place of social acitivity and especially in the niche fields of like minded people.

ps hope you had a wonderful Xmas and new years

yes. Facebook,Twitter, Linkedin, Google+ all are high authority networking site and i also use these almost everyday.Instagram, Pinterest are also very good.

Niche social networks can be more beneficial as compared to general social networking platforms, as they allow you to focus on the important part of the subject of your niche, and it enables you to gain total expertise in your niche, while social network which are in general used for general niches or multi-niche networks like Facebook allow you to gain exposure to the topics world wide, both have their own peculiarities, it might be more beneficial to obtain a link from related niche social platforms as it will give a potential boost to your site to get on the top of the rankings, thanks for the share guys sites noted down

There are almost 500-600 social sites you can search in Google with the niche. say business social networks…

I would like to add more niche social networks:
Last.fm
Flixter
Dodgeball
Care2
BlackPlanet

Old age. thread closed. RIP