Nivo Slider Problem

Hi Guys,

I have some problem when loading images on nivo slider. Here is the url of my site http://www.portenge.com The images seems to be hided on css.

Sometimes when i do refresh, it seems to fix it. This problem occur in IE and Firefox.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Hi traven. Welcome to SitePoint. :slight_smile:

That slider at the top seems to be working fine in Firefox to me. Is that the one you mean?

Hi,

yes, that’s the slider I am talking about. However, no matter from which navigator I open, it scrambles the page.

Here the screenshot showing what I am telling you.

Hm, it’s working fine in all my Mac browsers. As an aside, I wouldn’t recommend making a page so heavily reliant of JavaScript, though. With JS off, almost nothing on the page shows up. JavaScript can work nicely to enhance a page, but it’s not a good idea for the page to be dependent on it.

I realize this doesn’t address your problem, though. I presume you are viewing this on Windows?

EDIT:
Maybe you could just try putting this directly in the CSS:

.nivoSlider {height: 350px}

That’s a major problem, though. There should be a fallback in this case. As I said, pages should not depend on JS.

Yes, I am using windows 7.

Put the height in css did the trick. Thanks.

Regarding the overuse of JS in a web page, it doesn’t seem to be a problem in my opinion since if you disable java script most pages won’t work anyway.

But thanks anyway. :slight_smile: