No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA Integration with WordPress

Originally published at: http://www.sitepoint.com/no-captcha-integration-wordpress/

A few weeks ago, the Google security team announced a new version of the popular reCAPTCHA system used by millions of websites in combating spam.

For years, reCAPTCHA have prompted users to confirm they aren’t robots by asking them to read distorted text to be entered into a box, like this:

The Old reCAPTCHA

A lot of people griped and faulted the old reCAPTCHA system for many reasons, including – the distorted text it produces are difficult to recognize and bots get past the test better than humans do.

The new CAPTCHA is easy and convenient, in that a click on a checkbox is all that’s required, as well as it being pretty effective in combating spam.

The New "No CAPTCHA"

Previously on SitePoint, we wrote a series on integrating the old reCAPTCHA to the following WordPress forms:

In this article, we will learn how to integrate the new No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA with a custom form and WordPress.

Continue reading this article on SitePoint

1 Like

This looks quite neat!

thanks for your info, would like to add to my website.

Hi, I am new to coding and have found your tuts extremely beneficial. I have installed your Tab Login Registration Widget to my site and would now like to add the noCAPTCHA reCAPTCHA to the registration form but I am getting no joy. Please assist.

You need a coding skill to pull if off.
That said, shoot me a mail via me[at]w3guy.com and i will be more than happy to help.

Hi, did you get my email regarding the code?

Hi, i never received your mail. resend.

Any ideas how to add this to a buddypress registration page?

Hi there,
First of all let me congratulate you for the great work you did with the wordpress plugin. I am using it in the comments form in wordpress and it works great (if there’s one form per page).
Now I have two different forms on the same page, each implementing a different comment type and the noCaptcha only displays in the first one. I was wondering if there’s a workaround (that you know of) to display a noCaptcha instance in each form.
Thanks.

Loved the detailed post! I’m a little unclear on one point: how it this different from the regular recaptcha integration? i’m using an integration very similar to this and I get the old-style recaptcha. How to do I make it show the no-captcha?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.