No Default Landing Tab option on my Fan Page

I have set up a fan page in Facebook, and want to customize my default landing tab, but for some reason, I don’t have the option to select my default landing tab under Manage Permissions. I can’t figure out why, or how to enable that option. Anyone know?

Do you see any of these options?

Wall Tab Shows:
Default Landing Tab:
Posting Ability:

If not, what type of page did you create and with how many fans?

Hi Ted,

I have the first and third option showing. We have 44 fans. The page’s name is Kindness Is In Me. I set it up as a book page - I’m co-administrator with the book’s author (who doesn’t know Facebook at all) and at one point he told me he might have messed something up and accidentally changed it to a community page, but it seems like community pages can’t be posted on, and we can post on this page. I can’t find anywhere whether we are or aren’t a community page, or how to change it back.

The only thing I can think of is that book pages don’t have that option as they are not a mainstream business page. Perhaps the FAQs can help?

There’s no way to enable that option, it just should be there.

Thanks anyhow. I’ve tried FAQ’s… I also changed it to a non-profit just to see if that would work but I still didn’t have the option. Do you know anything specifically about what my co-administrator said about mistakenly changing the page to a community page? Do you know anything about community pages?

Hi,

Did you solve that problem?
I’m also experiencing this and have no idea what’s wrong. Tried to change it’s category, I have 1300+ likes, I’ve created new pages (all 6 categories) and all present that option, but not my page.

Could it have been some facebook issue at the time the page was created?

Would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

I also have a community page and although I can change the default landing page to the Notes, once changed, it still goes to the wall. Go figure.

I think maybe Ted is right. Unless you have a business page, all of the page options just aren’t available.

Even I am also facing the same problem. I was running a community page; at initial stage, I could set the landing page but after one year, the option disappears. I don’t know the actual reason; but before it disappears, I had set the profanity option. May be this could be the reason.

I’ve searched some forums and blogs about this issue.
Found that there was an interval of weeks/months that all pages created on that period, won’t show the option because they were modifying the platform. Don’t know if it’s reliable or not, but can be an explanation.

Whe can make a poll/survey:

• My page was created on April 2011

You have to go to your account settings and change the “default view” from “wall” to whatever plugin you have with the page created on it.