Not able to setup folder under wamp

Hi

today i have install WAMP in my system and it works like a charm , i have also tested one single page.

but when i put my website under C:\wamp\www\sampleApp folder it shows me below error message

[B]Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.[/B]

can any one help me what configuration i need to do for folder level access .

URL : http://localhost:8080/sampleApp/

Hi, welcome to the forums!

It looks like the site that you copied into sampleApp is causing the problem, either a configuration problem with the .htaccess file (if you’re using one) or a PHP error. Try checking your error logs (in C:\wamp\logs\ I think) to see if you can find a more detailed description of the error.

Out of interest the URL you have posted is on your computer and can not be accessed via the internet.

Off Topic:

Somebody is bound to point out it COULD be accessed but it means setting up a DNS address and shared folders etc.

Thank for reply,
even i have try with putting simple echo “test” string then also it wont work. do i need to setup the folder name (sampleApp) in .htaccess ???

also, where i can exactly check the error text message under log folder

thanks again

Try removing the .htacess if you have one.
For the logs, I would make a find on “*.log” in your WAMP folder. You should find a couple there. Order the result by date and check to see if you don’t see a file with “_errors” in it. If the last modified date is recent (like at the last time you displayed your page), you’ll probably find an helpful message there. :slight_smile:

thanks for reply, its working properly now ,

1 more query. in my application sql_connection class was created, here i need to change server name , username, & passoword
could you please let me know where i can get this details.

i mean how i can create the user and set the password in phpmyadmin ( i have created database and executed scripts as well , form data point of view its perfect)
only i want to know where i can create server name and user name.

Thanks again