NOT Like Query Doesn't Work

I just upgraded to PHP 5.2 and the following query doesn’t seem to work anymore. I just get an error that there is an error in the syntax. Any clue why, or how to fix it?

try{			
	$db = DB::getInstance ();

$sql = "SELECT *
		FROM view_names
		WHERE name NOT Like :myname
		";

$stmt = $db->query($sql);
		$stmt->bindParam (':myname', $name, PDO::PARAM_STR );
		$stmt->execute();
		$result = $stmt->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC);

return $result;
	}catch(PDOException $e){ 
		echo $e->getMessage(); 
	}

When I use phpMyAdmin the query works, but it doesn’t work in the code. I checked and the $name variable does have a value.

I get this error - “SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘:myname’ at line 50”

What is the exact error you get?

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘:myname’ at line 50

Line 50 is - $stmt = $db->query($sql);

I have only ever used LIKE and when doing so, you need to surround the value/variable with ‘%these jobbies%’

Say for example you want to find a word that is like ‘sday’, well to find those which end in ‘sday’ you would use ‘%sday’ so you would get back Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday.

And if you want to find words beginning with ‘Mon%’, the % goes at the end, where #mon’ would join with ‘ney’ or ‘day’ giving money and monday, for example.

like this

select col_name 
from table where col_name like '%sday' 

I imagine that not like would work similarly so give it a try, if you like.

bazz

Oh, I should’ve said that instead of the :myname, use ‘myname’ and add the % to the end if you want to find ‘mynameis%’ or some other words, where there are characters after the inputted word.

I’m not sure I have explained that very well.

bazz