Not sure how best to use Google+ page?

Hi, i have created a google+ page for my photography business and have started fleshing out it with content etc.

I am putting together a social media promotion deal whereby in exchange for discounts clients with help with promoting business via social media.

For facebook i have set it so they must follow my FB page and tag (not share) themselves in any images i upload.

Thing is not sure how best to achieve this with google+ page?

Should i ask for

+1
add me to a circle (is this the same as follow?)
tag themselves in photos

any other ideas?

Please note that carpman is asking a very specific question here. Please reply to what is asked. General and off-topic replies will be removed as fluff.

In my opinion it would be more wise to ask them to follow your page, thus your feed will be part of theirs. Page +1s are also important, however you can instigate them to +1 you through a post - to contribute to the cause.

Add to Circle is similar to having someone like a Facebook fan page. As for promotions or contests, Google for some reason has very strict policies on the subject. From Google, "“You may not run contests, sweepstakes, or other such promotions (“Promotion”) directly on Google+ or in a manner that requires use of G+ features or functionality.” I hope they reverse that policy as I do like the platform. I’d recommend using it to engage new followers burnt out on FB, which I’ve done through the use of Hangouts.

You could still advertise that you’re having a contest on your own site, however, & FB & google+ would be a good place to advertise that…& get click-through’s to your site. I think they’re just trying to stop the “fake” likes or adds that are solely there to sign people up for a contest because it fills the feeds. Perhaps they could click through to your site & sign up for promotional emails & then be entered in the contest? If you have a really good incentive, people will do it…and then you’ll have a mailing list outside of social media for your own promotion, to be run however you choose.

Now a days social media is the heart of every business. I have heard that if you would get +1 then it would be helpful for you. Also, I have a suggestion for you, If you are having Photography business, then you must start using Pinterest.

Adding in circle or follow is okay…
But no one follow or add in circle just because you ask to do so…
Just put your photos in a attractive way… you can further edit them… people will follow only if they will take interest in your photos…
For better response you can put communicative content…
Also don’t forget to watermark your photos so that no one can use them without giving you credit.
For promotion you can not do enough… just increase number of followers…

Still have the same problem. I am always looking for the high volume traffic but I still don’t know how to target using Google + account.

First of all, you need to put the attractive content on you page, which people like. Then people will give plus 1 to your posts and will follow your page.Second thing is that you should use social media exchange websites, through them you can get google plus and followers.If you get plus on your page, your page popularity will increase and it will show in the news feeds of google plus. You also join the similar communities as like your business and share you content and communicate with the people. I hope this will help you. Good luck

Thread closed, as the OP has never returned, and the replies are general rather than specific.