Object Oriented CSS?

There’s few good thing about frameworks and bad.

Let’s get bad out of the way

1. Learning curve. After all, you gotta learn how it’s used.
  2. You’re about to do something outside of framework and this may take a while to debug or create new codes to handle it.

The good

1. After initial learning curve, you’re going to save development time.
  2. If it’s a framework supported by good ppl, then you’ll have updates on that framework for free and you get more features!
  3. Save testing time by only testing the code you wrote. Assuming, their framework is generally solid.

Would I use it? for now I use YUI and use jQuery to change the styles dynamically.

actually I just use pico on when im connected to the server… me and my buddy laugh at the beginning of a new website project… “grrrrumble grumble”… login to server… pico index. php …

I can see the benefit of JavaScript frameworks as it takes the complexity of the scripting language, but CSS is incredibly easy to pick up and is not dynamic in the same way JS is when it comes to coding to provide equal compatibility across all browsers and renderers. It seems a bit counter intuitive to stuff your CSS full of unrequited generic defaults.

I feel that CSS frameworks are over complicated for what they are. As someone has said, CSS is a fairly simple thing to pick up.

Of all frameworks, for me 960 is what I tend to mirror in projects. I don’t use it but the idea of 960 wide frame and then overlaying your design is good.

I tend to you the photoshop layouts more than anything.

I do agree that CSS isn’t as dynamic as JavaScript but I think YUI clearly shows the benefit. I always use their CSS Layout UI. It’s good enough for me.

Perhaps but if you know how to avoid the pitfalls, you really don’t need the bulky YUI toolbox to help you get complicated layouts. :slight_smile:

I think the Object Oriented title is pretty misleading - but the slideshow has some really great tips in it.

Off Topic:

Hi Mark! Glad to see you’re back. Sticking around this time?

Off Topic:

I think I will, this place is just too helpful. Glad to be back - Work was keeping me a little too busy.

Its hardly OOP!

But some interesting ideas

Nobody ever said it was object oriented programming. If anything, it would be object oriented styling (or OOS) --ooh, I just coined a term.

Lies I already trademarked it. I am the sole owner and every time you say it you owe me a nickel.

Edit: I was trying to trademark breathing but someone else thought of it first-I was going to charge a dime per breath.

I think its more about having a good understanding of EDI and having someone with good knowledge of Maxino and Peregrin Asset Ticketing Systems

I find it hard to take something like this seriously when it is so badly mislabelled.
(As far as I can tell) there is nothing Object-Oriented about it at all, in relation to normal CSS, anyway.
I can appreciate that some people find CSS frameworks usefull, but really can’t see what is different about this one.

really? is object oriented programming good for everything?

It’s a CSS framework basically, a library. It has the same disadvantages and advantages as that, though it’s a better quality one just from what I’ve seen on the video :slight_smile:

i’ll check it out then…