October Photo Challenge - VOTE NOW! Up Close and Personal

[FONT=Verdana]

The tortoiseshell was helpfully positioned very close to the path, but every time I tried to take a photo, it swung round the back of the flower and I only got its underside. Fortunately, it stayed put for some time, so I eventually did manage to get a couple of reasonable shots. The first peacock I spotted wouldn’t stay still at all. The next one was helpfully stationary - but seemed determined to make me stand in a bog to get the photos. :lol: I could get to it on solid ground, but then my shadow was in the way. I did eventually manage to balance on a couple of tufts of grass and get some decent pictures without getting my feet wet, I’m pleased to say. :slight_smile:

I just have a rather elderly compact camera. So elderly, in fact, that it’s hardly “compact” by modern standards, but I’m very attached to it.

[ot]

In addition to what Guido said, you can also do it by wrapping [noparse][mention][/mention][/noparse] tags round the user-name, which I find easier. :)[/ot]

[/FONT]

[ot]Thanks guido2004 and TechnoBear for the tips.
I have also found the list of BB codes now![/ot]

I’m trying to add an image but I get a 500 error.

I do have the image posted online though.

No problem to link to it if that’s what you want to do. :slight_smile:

Still 500, so here goes.

Public transport card reader with Braille on it.

Surprising shot! I could almost feel the dots. :slight_smile:

Off Topic:

Stupid question for you poes, but recently I kept having a 500 error on one of my websites and oddly enough it went away when I cleared the browser cache. Have you tried that?

[FONT=Verdana]I like that. :slight_smile: For some reason, it looks vaguely extra-terrestrial.

(I must be watching too much sci-fi. :lol:)
[/FONT]

That Kiosk was actually constructed by Aliens; after the Roswell incident(1947). It is a secret portal back to their planet through a “quantum transport” device.
Did you notice that Velcro was “invented” shortly after those aliens crashed to Earth(1948)?? I am suspicious about that!!

[ot][FONT=Verdana]

Hey - wow - I didn’t know that. That’s really cool. :cool:

Ah yes, but we know where that came from, don’t we. Yes, it was aliens, but in this case the [URL=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_Creek_(Star_Trek:_Enterprise)”]Vulcans](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velcro). :)[/FONT][/ot]

I hope you all apreciate the pain I am going through to get this photo. I have been bitten all over from the top of my head down to my ankles. How do the little buggers get though clothing to bite you?

[FONT=Verdana]Always good to see an artist prepared to suffer for his art, @Rubble. :stuck_out_tongue:

Er … what is it? :o (Looks like a mushroom to me, but I’ve never known them to bite.)[/FONT]

Sorry it was the gnats that were bitting not the mushrooms ( the underside of one of these ) : )

Whew! Good to know that it wasn’t the mushrooms biting you. Had me worried there. I was thinking “oh gosh, the end IS near!” :smiley:

Great shots… both sides. :slight_smile:

Sounds like the title of a great B film :smiley:

@Rubble; great picture.

:lol:

Found my favourite… this is from a long time ago using an old Olympus camera that had a wonderful macro setting

Can’t find the original at the moment… this one has been downsized by facebook…
check the reflection!

TERRIFIC photos. From Mushrooms to Retinas.
@j00lz; welcome to Sitepoint and we hope you will share more of your great photography with us. {I like how the pupil blocks the camera in the reflection; it looks as though your hand it ‘grabbing’ the pupil}

@j00lz; I love that leaf skeleton photo. How did you take that one?

@ParkinT; thanks for the warm welcome
@guido2004; the leaf is actually like that … I just tweaked it on photoshop after to get the negative effect.