Ok Experts, we have another chance. 3 Column, Liquid center, Center first in code

http://www.gophertelecom.com/phone-systems-and-hardware/phone-systems/avaya-phone-systems/partner-phone-systems.html

/* 3 Columns Layout */
.col3-layout { background-position:0 0; }
.col3-layout .col-main { width:532px; margin-left:1px; display:inline; }
.col3-layout .col-wrapper { float:left; width:755px; }
.col3-layout .col-wrapper .col-main { float:right; }

.col-left { float:left; width:182px; padding:0 0 0; margin:0 0 -1px; }
.col-main { float:left; width:715px; padding:0 20px 20px; }
.col-right { float:right; width:182px; padding:0 0 0; margin:0 0 -1px; }

What Im trying to do again… is have the center column stretch 100% of the space in the center with a 10 px margin on each side while thw right and left columns stay stuck to the outside of the browser.

Hi plasma800 not sure what your after but I see your using Magento… did you design the templates yourself, any good links tutorials on Magento frontend design, what do you use?

well this template is their default enterprise template. The one you get when you actually purchase magento. The template however is almost identical in layout to the 1.4 blue template. But i remember from adjusting the 1.4 blue theme that if y ou just simply set the cent er complumn to 100%, the right column goes to the bottom… so there was a trick to it. But i never did figure it out and i just ended up putting he crap into a table… but I would prefer to do it with the css.

Yes just what I thought, very complex process if your trying to design your own templates from a psd file I had a little spell sometime back with Magento steep learning curve it you want to create your own templates, css, php, xml…

Yeah, I’m just going to adjust theirs. Theirs is not too shabby really and most of it can be adjusted by strict CSS. It’s not so bad once you get used to how it all works. My problem here is a CSS problem.

never mind. I went back to a table.

Am not exactly certain if this is what you want ( also I don’t have time right now to make adjustments for IE, but hopefully it will set you in the right direction…

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

<html>

&lt;head&gt;
	&lt;meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"&gt;
	&lt;title&gt;Untitled Page&lt;/title&gt;

&lt;style&gt;

#left, #right, #center{  float:left;}
		#left{ margin-left:-100&#37;; background:pink;  position:relative;left:-210px; width: 200px;}
		#right{margin-left:-200px;background: orange; width: 200px;  position:relative;right:-210px;}
		#center {width:100%;  background: gray; }
		#content{border-left:200px solid pink; border-right:200px solid orange; padding:0 10px; min-width: 220px; }
		.clr{display: block; clear: both}

&lt;/style&gt;

&lt;/head&gt;

&lt;body bgcolor="#ffffff"&gt;

&lt;div id="content"&gt;
			&lt;div id="center"&gt;Center content&lt;br&gt;dadfads&lt;/div&gt;
			&lt;div id="left"&gt;left&lt;/div&gt;
			&lt;div id="right"&gt;right&lt;/div&gt;
			&lt;span class="clr"&gt;&lt;/span&gt;
		&lt;/div&gt;

&lt;/body&gt;

</html>

NOTE, i thought you may have wanted equal height columns, if not just set the Content border color to transparent.