Omg css headache

will css and the browser makers ever get it right?

i spent the whole day reading tutorials about creating a simple nav menu
from unordered lists.

almost none worked exaclty as taught in IE, and the other require hacks.

what gives?

i mean i love it but i hate it too, if only we could all just get along.

it really feels harder than php and javascript combined

It’s just one of those annoyances which you have to put up with. In time you’ll get better at knowing how different browsers handle the same CSS. If you want more uniformity between browsers, try a CSS framework such as Blueprint CSS.

HI, if you post a link to your current attempt (remove all hacks please, we will have to remove them anyway since it’s not needed probably) and we will tell you what went wrong wehre :slight_smile:

Not necessarily… :slight_smile:

IE doesn’t handle CSS well. Never has, and I doubt it ever will. If the site looks good in FF/Opera/Safari or Chrome, then the code is probably correct. The next step is wrangling the site in IE. :sick:

If you keep practising the hard work will pay off. You learn how to get Internet Explorer to play nice with the other kids and avoid the common glitches. Though when you learn CSS3 you’ll have to suffer with hacks and filters (like conditional comments and JavaScript) all over again :lol:

it really feels harder than php and javascript combined

That’s not true at all. Everything, can be solved with a higher IQ. Developing for IE isn’t that much different from any other browser like FF, Chrome, Opera, Flock the list can go on…

You don’t need a high IQ to be able to learn CSS. Heck, this is unrelated, but it was thought that solving rubiks cubes meant you’re a genious. A monkey could solve it if it had any sort of memory :slight_smile:

Did you read what I wrote Ryan? I didn’t say that you have to have a high IQ to learn CSS.

You can be a complete moron and still comprehend the syntax.

What I meant to say is that you can solve any problem if you have a higher IQ. :slight_smile:

You said “everything can be solved with a high IQ”

You generalized it :slight_smile: