On Our Radar: Creativity, Mapping PHP and Color Keyboards

Originally published at: http://www.sitepoint.com/on-our-radar-creativity-php-keyboards/
Dear Creativity,

Thanks for showing up this week at the Forums, old friend. We’ve missed you, and it’s a great joy having you here. Finding creativity, to me, is that first sip of hot coffee in the morning or the taste of bacon wafting through the house in the morning: once it hits you, you’re good to go. Speaking of breakfast foods, I figure computers at breakfast food companies use serial i/o. Like my dad joke? There are a lot more where that come from today!

On Our Radar:

Tom created an incredible PHP mapping program called Maphper, which looks great on paper but is ridiculously difficult to pronounce. Try it, I challenge you. Maphper treats database tables, or other data sources, as arrays. Once your data is defined you can call up pieces of it at will, basically making you the sorcerer and the data your minions.

Not to be outdone, Katrina (simdragon90) asked if any color typewriting programs exist, and a week later came back to the forums with a program she’d created on her own, because she’s obviously some sort of webdev wizard. I like your attitude, Katrina: if it doesn’t exist, just build it. OzRamos (creator of Stemlet; we’ll get to him in a second) took it to the next level with extremely cool pixels drawings typed on the screen. You guys amaze me.

I’ve mentioned this before, but it’s so good it’s worth mentioning again: OzRamos’ Stemlet. He calls it The Next Wikipedia, but I call it Better Than Wikipedia because it kinda is. He devlogs about his creation; so if you’re in the middle of creating the next big thing, you too should think about devlogging so we can applaud your progress and give you direction and inspiration on your journey to being the next Silicon Valley millionaire. Just don’t forget where you came from.
Continue reading this article on SitePoint

1 Like

Whoa thanks again for the mention!!! Other than a few random tweets, I don’t actually talk about it outside of SitePoint - this is my home base :smile: I was a little ambitious [crazy] when I first started out but the devlog has kept me insanely focused

2 Likes

Great post. I enjoyed a lot. Also the part do it yourself if it doesn’t exists.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.