Online school admission system

Hello programmers!
I have been given a project to make an online school admission system, but I don’t have much ideas how to do that. So, I need your help. What things I should consider and how the look of the website should be and how to maintain the database? What to understand first? etc
So, please help me as much as you can. By suggesting some samples that you have etc.
Thanks.

Hey you must understand what are the procedures including in admission process.For that you can consult a school management or the person who give you the task.After understanding the process and the needs you will get an idea.So that you design it by yourself.Also search for a software for admission process on Google you can get many samples.

I have done that today. Now I know pretty well what I have to do. Now what technology process will it be?

Well thats an incredibly vague and uninterpreted request.

What does your project require you to do? What have you done already?

We’re not going to make your site for you. If you want that, look at the Marketplace. However we will help -you- with -your- ideas and code.

It’s important to know what the needs of the school are before you begin. For example will the school be using this to track and take attendance? If so, have you thought through what this will require? Let’s put it this way, taking attendance is like the final chapter of the book and many parts of the story need to be in place for things to work. You’ll need to define school years and because they span two years you’ll need to define what month the school year changes (probably July). You’ll need some type of login system to only allow approved staff to view and update any records so you have an interface for adding, banning (staff changes) these people. As far as student names, I would suggest a master list of students for each school year. If you wish to further define each class by teacher, period etc, students should be grabbed off the master list so student names and student ID’s match. As you can see from that last sentence “Staff” rolls will now need defined e.g. Office Staff, Teacher, and Administrator etc. Periods also need to be defined. Depending on the needs, Teacher/Period may also be broken into Subject or class name. Once all these things are in place, you could then select a class and have a list of students in this class and take attendance. The point is to get a good grasp of the information required to do the final task. It’s pretty easy to make a wish list. You just need to think through what information you need to get the job done and how it will be defined and stored.

Hi, Rizwan you can use open source school administration system like fedena, openadmin, opensis
here i am giving you url of them
http://richtech.ca/openadmin/

http://fedena.org/

Ok Thanks. Now please help me with the code how to start first things first. I will have to make a form which will be filled by people to get admission, right? Now can you give me a sample code for this form?

Here is my purposal that I gave to my supervisor, see it and you will understand what I want:

Project Title:

Online Center / School Admission System

Abstract:

The objective of this project is to avoid tiresome and time-consuming process of getting admission in a center or school. Parents and individuals face the several hardships in visiting the place several times. It saves much time and money of the parents and individuals to get admission in the desired institute.

Admission is necessary part of every student’s life. Parents of a child have to get their child admitted in a school or center.

This online admission system allows students and parents to get admission just by sitting at home. The system asks for all the necessary information of a student and keeps it in the database.

Purpose of the project:

• To manage online admissions
• To help the institute administration keep the record of admission online
• To help students and parents get admission in the desired institute easily
• To save time and money in applying just by sitting at home

Is there a reason why you aren’t looking at software solutions that are already on the market?

There’s dozens of them available: https://www.google.com/search?q=school+admissions+software

What I might do is start calling various schools in your area similar to yours and see if you can ask their IT department about what software they use and if they like it or not, and if there are any big or unusual problems with it.

And… what code have you written for this project so far? Again, we’re not going to write your code for you. We’re here to help you with problems you have with your code that you have written.

You might want to look at the links Tony posted, but somehow i dont think your professor is looking for you to use an already-made system. Unless i’m mistaken, the point of the assignment is for -YOU- to do the work.

You’ve got an outline, which is a good start. So now start defining what pages you think you will need. A login page? a student-info entering form? An admin page? More?

Moderator comment: This topic was originally posted twice. The two threads have been merged.

First you should be create a list in which you can put timing and closings the school also which date admission is closed what are the facility school provides. the image of school must be clear in your website.
<snip/>

…and as I mentioned in my post above you need to really think about the back end of things not just the html shown. What database tables are needed? What fields are needed for each table? Again mentioning the School Years, say you make a table to hold this info called SchoolYears. Fields might be year_id as primary index AUTO_INCREMENT, school_year varchar(9) so you can hold “2013-2014” and current_yrTINYINT(1) so you can define the current school year with 1 or 0. Now that you have this table you could think about an administration page where you can add and edit this information. More than likely this “page” will have two forms, one where you can add a year, e.g. “2013-2014” with a submit button. The other would be a list displaying what is stored in the database with a radio button indicating the “Current Year”. On submission of this second form you would update the current year in the database. So something as simple as defining the school year takes a little thought and probably more work than you might think at first but once you get it working you’ll say “that wasn’t so hard. What do I need next” and move on with your project.

My point again, you’ve got that “final chapter” in your head of what you’d like, now go back and develop the story adding required database tables, interface pages and forms. “What it looks like” is all secondary. A functioning “story” can be put in any cover.

So you make a little page. What’s it going to take to make this work?

I’m going to be incredibly blunt here and I really mean in a GOOD way. Hopefully, you’ll read my comments as constructive criticism. First, asking what to do for building entire application from beginning to end sounds like you’re not fit to do this. Second, asking what technology to use is the same thing. I strongly advise that you or school hires professional to do this. Not sure if it’s me but building Online school admission system seem very important and should not be mess with someone who didn’t create other similar applications. If you build it poorly then there’s a good chance the site will be buggy and even leave a big hacking hole where the student can register a class when it’s full. Imagine the system goes down for weeks and the course registration deadline is approaching? Are you going to have a back-up system? Can it support 100 concurrent users? Anyways, if the system goes down then be ready to get blamed and may even lose the job.

Wait… is this for your class project? If so, then do your own damn homework.