Online tutorials

Is there any online video tutorials for php aside from youtube which is step by step info. Any list of tutorials?

Checkout www.W3Schools.com they have great information on the website.

lynda.com and vtc.com have a bunch of videos for php and other languages. the book that i started on i really cant remember the name. but the real best way to learn is

watch the videos or read a few books and follow its projects and make it yourself. once you are done doing that

come up with a few projects to make yourself from scratch if you need help on ideas here you go.

photo gallery
-ability to upload an image
-ability to view all images uploaded and ability to delete them

• ability to label each image uploaded
  • for more ideas take a look around and incorporate whats out there into your project.

login system

• an application that checks to see if a username exists or that if the password entered is correct or not. remember when storeing passwords in a database never store it as plain text use an encryption method like md5, sha1, etc. i dont recomment md5 but its good learning practice.

if your not motivated enough to create your own projects either ask your friends if they want a site that you can build them or trow yourself into the freelance world and make projects for people to make money. if you end up messing up or the customer gets pissed off because your delaying or errors are popping up. dont worry keep trying at it and eventually you’ll get better. without those happening to you, 99% chance you wont be a good developer.

but in my opinion, the world of programming is dead if i were you and you are young join the medical world become something related to medical that is where the real money is at. when websites working as a freelancer you’ll end up spending months on a project and only make 1k to 1,500 and after a few months its lower than minimum wage. i wish i can switch but right now i cant since i have to make money whatever way possible to pay bills since companies are too ****en picky when hiring.

Seems like you don’t know where to go…

I already gone to that site.

I have a good feeling you don’t…

I see the point.

right now , i am now trying to understand and apply what i’ve understand from coldfusion.

You cannot have CF and PHP in the same file, it doesn’t make sense to…

Well, in my experience, most devs pick php, cf, asp, or something and specialize in that. I specialize in PHP, I understand CF, but haven’t wrote any… I have written very little asp, and haven’t tried to study it.

Sorry, coz they’re quite broad enough for me as beginner. However, I just want to have more ideas from genius people in this forum.

coldfusion is embedded into html files like PHP is… Have you Googled CF at all?
You should ask this in your CF thread not your PHP one…

NOw i know… can we put some html or css in coldfusion?

Can you tell us what you are trying to do? I don’t really know video tutorials, but http://www.tizag.com/ is a decent site…

I don’t think that’s a reliable source of information.

http://www.tizag.com/ - yes I totally agree that this site is a descent cuz they provide a lot of information. Really a step by step instruction, very detailed and I considered it as a reliable source of information.

Try www.killerphp.com/

Have you read this book?

If not its a genius idea. Tutorials are only good once you understand the basics and are solving what could be classified as a specific problem. If you don’t understand the basics yet its best to pick up a good book, like the one mentioned to provide a more progressive approach to learning.

I just realized It’s been a long run for me to learn on this field…