Onload hide toolbar, addressbar

Please help.

What’s the javascript to change the window to hide the location bar, toolbar, etc onLoad?

I know this must be simple, but I can’t find the answer anywhere.

??

<script language="Javascript">
var NewWindow = window.open("url.htm","winname","width=200,height=150,statusbar=0,menubar=0,toolbar=1");
NewWindow.focus();
</script>

I don’t think that’ll work.

I can’t open a new window. It needs to be the window that is already open.

post what you’ve done so far, so i know what your talking about as i dont get what you’re on about, shouldn’t be hard todo, but thats the way to do it any way.

Sure, here it is:

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function resizeWin()
{
window.resizeTo(225,600);
}
//-->
</script>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" onload="resizeWin()">
</body>

I just want the javascript to hide the address bar and stuff to go in the function…

I’m afraid what you are asking for cannot be done - that is intentionally not possible because of the possible malicious uses (mainly just annoyance). That’s why you can only alter new windows spawned by the current window.

M@rco

I didn’t think it was possible, but wasn’t sure thanks for letting me know tho:D

Strangely common request though. You’re the tenth (or so) person I’ve come across this month that wanted to be able to do this! It cropped up on the ASPClient discussion list AGAIN yesterday - see here for most of the thread:

http://www.aspfriends.com/search/MSG.ASP?msgid=605415

You might find some of the responses helpful!

M@rco

best way to deal with this is to open your site and make a popup display your site like most flash sites do