Open file from web browser (local server) directly into Photoshop

Hi there,
I have a photo editing business with many people working in Photoshop. I am currently developing a web based application (joblist) using Javascript and PHP which should allow the photoshop designers to browse and open files/images directly from joblist/web browser into photoshop. The reason I want this instead of browsing folder is that I have a database where I store who worked on which file, when and how long it took.

The concept is that, designers will select a file and click on start, as soon as they click on start the original file will open in Photoshop and there will be an entry into database (using PHP). Once they finish the task they will close the file and click on Finish button.

My joblist application will be published in a local server and the file will be open on a local network, so when they save the file it will be saved where the source file is located in (local server). The application should work in both PC and Mac.

Anybody can help me to write the code (PHP or Javascript) which can open the file from browser (local server) directly into desktop application e.g. PHotoshop or Illustrator?

Thank you very much I look forward to someone’s real help!

Best regards
Mr. Sumon
www.clippingpathindia.com