Opencart and Woocommerce

Hello. I have setup a couple of sites using Wordpress and Woocommerce and has pretty good luck with it. These sites only had a few products, so I haven’t attempted anything on a large scale.

I am setting up a site for someone that has about 1000 products, and they have very basic computer skill as far as updating it. I have been told that Opencart can be a good option for it’s ease of use.

Updating products with the Woocommerce/Wordpress setup isn’t rocket science, but I am looking for the easiest possible option that is also reasonably easy to setup (I don’t have a ton of time right now to dig deep into another system, I am pretty used to Wordpress). Looking at Opencart it seems to have a lot of themes available etc, and people generally say it’s easy to setup.

Has anyone used Woocommerce and Opencart, and have any opinions as to which they prefer?

Thanks for any help.

I suggest to go with prestashop, after opencart

tdu is asking specifically for advice on choosing between Opencart and Woocommerce, and has provided details explaining the situation involved. Please reply to the specific question, and explain why you would choose one or the other. If you wish to suggest a different approach, then please give some details and explain why you think it is best for tdu’s needs. Simply naming e-commerce systems is of no real help to anybody.

The thing is that WooCommerce is WordPress specific so I understand that you will use it as part of a WP site. If you don’t want to be tied to WP forever, you may want to use Opencart instead which is a completely different project, independent of WP.

The choice depends on your skills. I use OpenCart and totally satisfied by its opportunities.
Some pros of this shopping cart:
Open source and MVC
Good Speed
Creating templates is easy
Upgrading is easy
Backoffice is simple and well displayed. Many features out of the box.

You can check this review to find more useful information about OpenCart