Operating System

Which is best…Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Professional??..

Windowns 7 ultimate has extra utilities and if you want these, go for windows 7 ultimate

In the majority of the case, Home Premium will be more then enough.

Ultimate gives you the following which Pro doesn’t:

Help protect data on your PC and portable storage devices against loss or theft with BitLocker.

Work in the language of your choice and switch between any of 35 languages.

If those extra features are worth the extra $20 (approx) then Ultimate is the right choice. If you don’t consider those features to be worth paying that much for then Pro is the right choice.

So for many people it will be a matter of whether it is worth paying the extra $20 for Bitlocker so as to encrypt your files

Hi,
I think both are working same there are no more deference between them! I am still using windoz 7 professional and happy with that.

Good day.

Anything BUT Windoze!!!

Windows 7 Professional…

One has more features and costs more. Which is best depends on whether you need those extra features as if you don’t then the other is better because it is cheaper.

The only difference between Professional and Ultimate are a bunch of language packs (which if you work in English, you’re not going to need) and Bitlocker, a second rate security “tool” that encrypts stuff (I much prefer TrueCrypt which is free and does the job better). While Vista Ultimate could justify the extras (as there was a HUGE difference from professional), there’s no justification for using Ultimate of Windows 7. :slight_smile:

I like windows 7 Professional.

Well obviously Ultimate has more features, but Professional should be enough for most people. There’s a comparison table on the MS site so you can see the difference.

S

Windows 7 Professional

+1

s

The end-of-support is only Mainstream support, you’ll still get patches and security updates. You just cannot call Microsoft for certain things.
And once Service Pack 1 is released, Mainstream support-time-limit is doubled for versions with SP1 installed.

So yeah…no biggy.

Yeah I think we’d got that far already…version?

S

Comparison chart:

I may recommend the professional edition for the fact that the end-of-support date is 5 years later than home premium’s end date. Of course, that’s assuming you plan on retaining the OS for a while and not jump on Windows 8 when it comes out a few years down the road.

I prefer Windows 7 and its best for me.