Optimizing my website for google

Hi.

My website is: [noparse]http://www.kwpwebdesign.se[/noparse]

So basically this website contains of 5 html files, what I want is I only want the homepage to show on google (and other searchengines). The other as contact.html, should not be shown up on google.

So what I want to show up on google when someone searches for “kwpwebdesign” is my Homepage only, the 4 others, should not show up.

I’ve seen much about metatags and stuff, but I really cant figure out what I gonna write on each of those 4 sites wich I dosent want to show up.

So if anyone could write it here for me I would be very happy.

I don’t think this is a good idea at all. Let people fine you any way they can!

But anywa, you can ask search engines not to crawl any pages you like. As I understand it, the best was is via a robots.txt page.

So, in your root folder, create a file called robots.txt (a plain text file) and put something like this inside it:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /page1.html
Disallow: /folder/page2.html
Disallow: /page3.html

… and so on.

yes I agree with ralph.m … its not very good idea to stop crawling other pages. you can use robots.txt which ralph.m explained. Again, according to me its not powerful method because sometime search engine can crawl your robots.txt pages.

I suggest you take a look at the following…

To index the page and follow all links:

<META NAME=“ROBOTS” CONTENT=“INDEX,FOLLOW”>
To index the page but not follow all links:

<META NAME=“ROBOTS” CONTENT=“INDEX,NOFOLLOW”>

To not index the page but follow all links:

<META NAME=“ROBOTS” CONTENT=“NOINDEX,FOLLOW”>
To not index the page and not follow all links:

<META NAME=“ROBOTS” CONTENT=“NOINDEX,NOFOLLOW”>

for more info I got it from <snip>link deleted</snip>

Do not worry about it. Google will show only your homepage when people search for kwpwebdesign. Google mostly shows just one page per site in top 10 ranking/a single page. Let all the pages be indexed. Also make sure that all pages have different title.

Robots.txt is the best method to do this.

[FONT=verdana]I disagree. There are often valid reasons for not wanting a particular page to show in search results. For example, you might have a contacts page with your phone number on it. You want the people who have found your site to see the phone number, but you might not want people to do a reverse search on it. So you would exclude it from the search results.

That said, you should only exclude pages in special cases, and do so sparingly. If you’re reason for wanting to exclude your subsidiary pages is simply to force your visitors to arrive at your home page, then maybe you need to re-think your site, so as to make the subsidiary pages equally useful as landing pages.

Mike
[/FONT]

but why u wanna hide . quite strange man. but if u wanna as ralph.m make a robot file to tell crawler what to crawl what to not

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but without a lot of blackhat, your site is nevergoing to rank in the top 100 unless you bring in a lot changes in structure and content.
Google’s aim is to return to the searcher those websites that have useful and unique information. In Google terms, your site has none.
If ranking well is important to you, you should start learning about seo or pay somebody to do it for you.

The magic of metatags has long been gone. They still count to some degree amongst the more than 500 factors Google take into account, but all the fiddling with tags won’t get your site in the first 100 returns in your content isn’t very good for a popular subject.

Hello,

If your website is newly designed and totally new for Google search engine. You need to be add Google webmaster code in your website so getting total information of your website if any error on your site, plus follow the Google algorithm for link building.

Hello,

I’ll suggest you to block only the contact us page with robots.txt. Another 3 pages are necessary for your site.

Also suggest you to add a sitemap on your site asap.