Optimizing Web Graphics

I am using ImageOptim on OSX to optimize all of my web graphics, but the problem is it will take roughly 1 hour to download all of my images from the server and about 1 hour more to upload them back onto the server. Is there an easier way to do this? I really like the ImageOptim software but I don’t like the time it takes to transfer from the server to local and then back to the server.

Thanks,

If there’s any other way, I do not know. The large amount that it takes to move files from/to the server may be due to various causes… If all files are placed in the same folder, it is a networkig issue, obviously… maybe the ftp software configuration is not appropriate or the internet connection is bad… and obviously, the size of those images matters! :lol:

You can use filezilla which I am using for last many years to upload and download images and files from my server to mac and vice versa.

Depending upon your server speed, the upload and download of the images can be slow or fast.

Which web hosting are you using??

If you are facing any type of difficulties to download the images then you may download Smush.it this will help you to be able to reduce the image file size but retain the quality, which is what we called “lossless” image optimization! You can run Smush.it through the web site (5 images at the same time).

I agree with the above answer! I personally use filezilla as well and it has never failed me. Do you have a decent internet connection? That could be an issue. Another possible issue could lie in your PC’s transfer rate or the server itself

You shouldn’t need to download/process/upload images that have already been optimised.
Optimise files on the way in, as you create them and don’t reprocess everything over and over.

hi revlimiter,
i think molona is right well it may take a long time…
well we are best web designers and developers, graphic designers and seo… iwantwebsite.com