Order Form - JS Alert when all the input fields values are 0

Hi Everyone.

I’m working on a basic ordering form. What i’m trying to achive is to get javascript to return alert when all the inputs fields are with values 0.
At least 1 of the inputs has to be filled in with value more then 0 in order to proceed with a ordering form.
I have to mention that products list / input fields are generated dynamicly so their number might vary.

Basic code:

<form name='packaging' action="packaging.php" method='post'>

<?
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM packaging_items") or die(mysql_error());
                while($row=mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
echo "
<input type='text' style='width:20px'  name='$row[prodno]' id='$row[prodno]' maxlength='4' value="0" onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = '0';}" onfocus="if (this.value == '0') {this.value = '';}" onkeypress='validate(event)' >
";
}
?>

</form>

Any suggetions … i really have no clue where to start …

Thank you in advance

Found the solution on another forum.

function validateForm(){
  var inputs =  document.getElementsByTagName('input');
  var noneZeroFound = false;
  for(var i=0;i< inputs.length;i++){
      var input = inputs[i];
      if(input.value != '0'){
        noneZeroFound = true;
        break;
      }
  }
  if(!noneZeroFound ){
      alert('MUST ENTER VALUE...');
      return false;
  }

return true;
}

<form name='packaging' action="packaging.php" method='post' onSubmit="return validateForm()">

Hi,

Thank you for taking the tie to let us know you got it sorted :slight_smile:

I found your question on Stack Overflow, as well as your comments that it doesn’t work.
Did you get your problems sorted out?

If so, it might be a good idea to accept the answer on S.O.

hi timing i guess, yes i posted a solution, with SO i wish to close it as solved. Problem is i still do not have a right to do so… but yesy is sorted and solution i posted above…

Just remember to get rid of the debugging alert call before your code is made live. You don’t want visitors to your page being able to check the checkbox in the alert that either disables JavaScript or disables alerts depending on the browser.