Outlined text in Firefox 3.6

To quirkitude…

I was having the same problem but I mainly use Firefox. I’m also a graphic designer. I use Suitcase to manage my fonts. What I did is…I found a web page showing the text outline problem, I turned off Helvetica Neue and reloaded a web page showing the problem…then I turned back on Helvetica Neue and reloaded the webpage again. Looks like I fixed it for now. I’m sure at some point I will probably have to do it again. Probably wouldn’t hurt to clean out the cache too. Hope this helps you.

omg! THANK YOU so much KnowWhatA!! :slight_smile:
I can now see the text in all its glory without the annoying outlines… yay!
THANK YOU!!

Glad that it has sorted the problem and many thanks to KnowWhatA for posting a solution:)

It does seem very similar to the proposed solution I posted in #18 so hopefully it will be a good cure for the bug.

Ah! Sorry Paul O’B. I must not have read your post clearly enough. I think once I saw the “delete helvetica fonts”, I immediately switched off, as that would not have been an option for me at all. And I missed the bit about turning the font on and off in fontbook.

Actually, when I was there, I noticed several Helvetica duplicates, and deleted all the duplicates. (Not sure how they got there). Could have also helped the problem… I think.

In any case, thank you both!! :slight_smile:

No worries - glad you got a result :slight_smile:

To quirkitude …glad it worked.
To Paul O’B …I read yours too later and I did try change my default font on firefox from helvetica to arial…which should help too. (unless i have duplicate arials running around on my computer…ha!..just joking) thanks for the info. :slight_smile:
Being a designer…I have so many fonts…it’s a lot to keep up with and sometimes they are the fix that gets overlooked.