Outlook Calendar Invite from PHP Web Form?

Hello,
Currently in our office we have a paper form to schedule a webinar, employee fills out the form, gives it to the webinar manager and he creates/sends out a calendar invite for the creator, presenter and organizer. Kind of a tedious process and I would like to automate it some more but am having some issues, as I have never worked with sending out a calendar invite.

My idea is:

Web form, with all the fields present on the actual paper form. Will also have a date selector and a list of recipients. Once the form is submitted, each recipient gets an email notification of the scheduled webinar, along with a calendar invitation

My Questions:
1.) Is this possible?
2.) Are there any resources available for me to work with on sending the calendar invite?

I’m more than equipped to build the web form, php backend, emailing of the form, etc… My only issue is sending of the calendar invite. Maybe there is a quicker/better alternative?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

That is absurdly easy. I’d suggest browsing http://www.hotscripts.com/category/scripts/php/scripts-programs/

There are plenty of free programs, and I’d bet there’s a free email script that will do just fine.

I agree, but like I said the only issue I have is the sending of the Outlook Calendar Invite. I can accomplish the rest without a problem. I couldn’t find anything relating to outlook calendar invites on hotscripts.