Page elements bigger in chorme

hi,
i am creating website and i was working on firefox and everything looked fine.but when i turned into chorme, everything seem big and layout overlapping. isn’t the firefox and chorme rendring engine same? and what could cause big elements in chrome

Different default character settings maybe?

what do u mean

You may have pressed Control/Command + inadvertently and increased the page zoom. Press Command/Control 0 and see if that fixes it. Otterwise, provide a link so we can check.

In your browser you can change the character size. In FF for example you can set a default character set and size, and with CTRL+ and CTRL- you can increase and decrease the font size in the page you’re viewing.

Those settings might be different in the two browsers you’re using, and if the site isn’t able to manage different character sizes, the layout might get messed up.

That was my thought of zoomed in pages but it wasn’t. i am working on local server. how can u see.

Create a test page that shows this behavior and post the code here, so we can try it.

just the html? here

same issue when i upload to server, it becomes bigger in FF too. :frowning:

That page says:

Paste does not exist or has expired.

Just paste the code here, but test it first on your computer, to make sure it demonstrates the behavior you are seeing with your site. HTML on its own is unlikely to demonstrate the problem

Ah, well give us that link then. :slight_smile:

Sorry about that…i thought u might see it early so set the timer to 10 min. here is the new links. it work fine of FF when on local.but when uploaded, the font gets bigger.sort of the page look bigger and broken layout…same in chrome and IE.
what am i missing? the password is 123
[B]p.s - please don’t paste the code here, as its client work.she has paid for it!

[/B]

Yeah, you’ve just given us HTML there, which looks the same in both browsers and has no style. As I said, you need to make up a test page and try it yourself first to see if it imitates the behavior of your real page. Otherwise we can’t help you at all.

If there is a code issue here at all, it’s most likely CSS … but I suspect it’s some setting in your browser(s) doing this.

I saw in other people browser and its broken so issue is with page. should i paste u css?

Yes. :slight_smile:

But test it forst on your computer. That is,

• create a .html file on your desktop
  • past in the HTML from your link above
  • add in the CSS
  • then double click that file and see if it shows the same problem in different browsers. If not, then posting your code will be of no use to us. The only reliable test is for you to post the live link here.

I looked for css and html validation and so far its not a problem as its clean,but still seems so big. i have decreased the font size for now but really annoyed of why there is this issue?!here is the css
P.S - please don’t paste code into editor as its private
password is 123

The code you’ve given so far (HTML and CSS) look the same in all browsers, so we can’t help you with this. Perhaps come back with the live link when you are able to make this public.

remove the font-size and u will see.big huge fonts. doesn’t default font-size is 14px?

As I say, it’s the same in all browsers for me. You haven’t targeted the problem.

The problem is that on my localhost, the font seems ok as desired but when uploaded (prior to font size on body and elements) the sizes look so big when accessed from live site