Page Length For Webpages and Blogs, How Short or Long?

Anyone want to discuss about this matter whether how long or short a good article can be?
Lots of bloggers aren’t sure how many words each page should have to ensure that search engines and visitors come back often, They don’t want to have too little words, but they also don’t want to have too many words.

So what do you think is the right length to put your article in the category of “useful articles”?

Between 500 and 750 words. Longer than that, needs to be page. Shorter, it may not be enough to expose a particular point or give a proper explanation.

Conrey,

I’m sure one could make compelling arguments either way. I have always been of the position that if a person has to worry about the length of their content, it probably isn’t worth reading anyway. Really the text content of a page should be as long as it needs to be in order to be good. I have seen effective blog posts that were only a couple hundred words and then there are some that are over 2000 words long or more and rank very well. Personally I just think it is either a question a blogger or webmaster should never ask themselves or put last on their list of priorities.

Best,

Shawn

I think I agree with you Shawn, If you mean any number of words as long as it fits the needs of your readers and its concise then I think its consider a good article.

It all depends on the subject but some blogs i see, i tend to find that people write far to much. If i search for something on the web, the majority of the time i want a quick answer, not an essay like some people write. I’d say anymore than 1000 words for a basic topic is alot.

If you are writing blog, then its length should be higher than 200 words and in case of articles it should be 400- 700 words. Main thing is creation of unique content. If you are asking about content of webpage then it depends upon page length and presence of web design, images and product. However, you should write 200 to 400 words as it will cover brief description about your product and services.

If the information is good and the writing is good, I am quite happy to read and scroll down a page that is 15 feet long.

If it’s low quality I’ll bale out quite early.

Quality is the key, not the number of words.

Although, if you’re trying to sell something (whether a product, a service, or just an idea or point of view) it has been proved a thousand times over the last hundred years that Long Copy beats Short Copy, hands down. This is in situations where you are trying to persuade prospects who have some interest, or potentially a strong interest, in your product/service.

However, people who can’t write good content will often dispute the Long Copy beats Short Copy argument, simply because it is inconvenient to them.

And there are countless people who will tell you that ‘small online shops don’t work’. But when you look at their shops you find the only information about each of their products is a postage stamp-sized photo, a Part Number and a couple of random bullet points. And they wonder why no one buys from them!

Paul

yeah i guess that as long as the message is communicated, the word count doesnt matter.
a small paragraph, with the right amount of details may be effective.
whereas, a long article, with lots of beating around the bush may cause ur readers to deviate.

personally, as a reader i would go for short articles.

Tina

For me, it doesn’t matter what is the length of the article as long as it is not too short for like 100 words. If you need to post something long, get a little creative with the font so that the readers wouldn’t yawn reading it. Add some pictures too.

The length of an article is not the main thing to consider when writing an article, but the usefulness of the content to the readers. if you write a 2000 word article and it is useless to the readers, then it is of no use.