<a href="REG.docx" target="_blank">click here</a>
i want to allow the users to downlaod this file
its in the same path as the html page
but still i am getting the mssg
"The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. "
i even tried giving the site url in href
but still the same issue
Is the file name in capitals too? e.g. REG.docx or reg.docx
Is the file in the same folder as the page the link is on?
yes its in the same format & same path
Have you tried manually entering the URI in your browser?
i even tried with a normal txt file
but the same eror msg
he page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try the following:
* Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
* If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
* Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)
Technical Information (for support personnel)
* Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
* Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.
Sounds like you haven't uploaded the file properly - either it isn't there at all, or it's in the wrong place, or it's got a different name (which may or may not be case sensitive)
just fr the sake of testing i uploaded a text file
and added the link thast alos not working
the name and all r peoper
Perhaps post a live link so we can check it out. Otherwise, there's not much we can do except tell you to check the paths, file names etc.
Check with your web hosting admin whether .docx and .txt files are permitted to be served.
This topic is now closed. New replies are no longer allowed.