Page Rank, is it a good thing?

Better than what?

Let’s say that Google’s Matt Cutts is correct ant that backlinks are 1 of 200 factors.

So it may be true that IF all the other 199 factors are completely identical between two completely identical sites, then the one with more quality backlinks will show before the other in the SERPs.

I guess it depends on how you define “important”. IMHO something that has negligible effect shouldn’t be ignored completely, but I’d hardly call it important.

That may once have been true, but Google has become smarter, and bad links will not improve PageRank. One or two won’t do you any harm, but the days of massive, low-quality link building to increase PR and drive your site up in the SERPs are, thankfully, long gone.

I think it based on your view. In my opinion, high PR rank => trusted website ==> link building goood

Hey page rank is very importent for your website and its not that much easy to get high page rank for a site because, It has many things to do on-page and off-page methods for getting it

Did you bother to read the thread before you posted that? There are any number of links and references above to Google stating otherwise.

No, it doesn’t. PageRank is concerned only with the number and quality of incoming links.

To all posters: Please read the entire thread before replying, and if you disagree with something which has been said, then please provide a link to a recent authoritative source to back up your answer.

OK I got it sorry for that reply

PR (Page Rank) is really important when it comes to rankings.Though you would see several cases wherein sites have traffic of 15k pageviews with 0 PR. However, even in this case if PR improves, the traffic can jump significantly.

Page Rank most important for any websites. your website having Quality backlinks and unique content to your webpage and its finding for how many visitors finding your websites. so page ranks leads to get good rank on Google organic page.

Wrong.

Wrong.

If you want to know why they’re wrong, then I suggest you read the rest of the thread, and the Google sources which are linked to in earlier posts.

Thread closed.