Page transitions

Hello,

This is my first post here at sitepoint and I am glad to become part of the community.

I was wondering how to achieve page transitions similar to the following website:

http://lamoulade.com

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

GKTareen

Hi gktareen. Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

They are using JavaScript to get those effects—in the form of jQuery scripts. You can see these scripts in the source code of the page.

Beware of effects like these, though, as they can quickly make the page inaccessible if not done right. If you disable JavaScript on that site, it’s not a pretty story, which is not good web design. Some people do have JS disabled, and others don’t have it at all, so it’s important that a page works without it. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the prompt reply Ralph.

I understand that these type of effects are not good for accessibility and usability. However this is something which my client has requested so I must deliver.

How would I go about achieving transitions like this? Do I just use the same script? How would I apply it on my pages?

Thanks again.

It’s not really my area, but jQuery is not hard to use in principle. You add a link to the jquery library (as in the code of that page) and then any other scripts that are needed to create that functionality. You could copy those scripts and play around with them, but if you need help with it, we can move this thread to the JS forum. :slight_smile: jQuery is fun to play around with, but can get a bit frustrating, too.