Password Protect a Folder

Hello there,

I share my computer with my brother, and basically he likes to mess with my files, as an older brother would. I want to be able to put a password onto my folder, so he will not be able to access it unless he knows the password, obviously.

Is there anyway of doing this? Thanks for your help!

Moved to a more appropriate forum…

I am assuming you are using Windows. If you have XP it’s real easy to create different users for the computer itself. More information on this can be found here. :slight_smile:

Yep, you don’t really want password-protected folders per se, but rather just different users that can only access their files. FrozenToast’s link should work a treat.

:slight_smile:

Ah, OK. I’ll see about that link, can anyone just direct me with instructions on how to place a password on a folder?

That’s the easiest way. Otherwise, you’ll need to download third-party software.

You can’t passowrd protect a folder without 3rd party software, like compuwhiz said.

You can if you own a Mac, but I won’t start… :rolleyes:

Good. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

So, what program should I download then?

Heh, you really don’t want to do it the easy way do you.

Ok, you can password protect folders using any one of these pieces of software :slight_smile:

Excellent find, FrozenToast. :tup:

Try Password Protect. This program protects folders against unwanted access. The program runs on Windows XP, 98, 2000, NT, ME.

What about password i prefer use LoginTrap.Protect logon events,but only for Mac.)

try folder lock…in trial version it let you use a limited number of options…but if you want full protection you have to purchase the software. there are also free softwares. i’ll check it out first then i will give you the names