PayPal Error: "Sorry — your last action could not be completed"

I’ve set up a Paypal donate button on a client’s site. The client tested it; everything worked perfectly. Then I made the mistake of moving the code to another spot on the site. Now, everyone gets the same error: “Sorry — your last action could not be completed”

I pasted the code onto a blank page and re-tested with the same result.

I returned to Paypay to generate the code again. This time it gave me a completely different code, but still the same error.

I can’t find a solution online. Does anyone have any idea what’s causing this?

Thanks!

Out of interest, I googled it, and presumably like you, I found lots of threads on the issue—but each seemingly having the problem for a different reason. I suspect the real problem is with PayPal, but they don’t seem to be admitting it.

Would you be able to post an example page? It would be interesting to test it out.

Thanks for the reply. I just found out that the client’s CC associated with their account had expired. They actually updated it yesterday afternoon, put it takes 24 hours for the changes to take effect. Which means that, as I was pulling my hair out trying to fix it, the problem was already solved.