"Perfect Photos"? - Rule of Thirds

Nice Picture Rudy :slight_smile: I hope you are keeping that Remon in check I’ve heard he can be a handful after a few drinks :slight_smile:

Nice photo Rudy. You’re a good runner. :slight_smile:

In taking photographs you always need to step it up a notch in order to capture the true emotions of the photo. Break a rule if you need to after all the best photos are those which where taken by bending the rules thus creating an artistic and more emotional feel to it.

my camera doesn’t have a “notch” adjustment

did you mean aperture?

This post cleared a lot about rule of third. Now I’ll try to use these techniques with my Cannon EOS450 & update you guys.
Thanks!

no i mean you have slightly bend the rules in order to get some of the effects you want.

Looking forward to your pictures. Bring them on :slight_smile:

A rule bender machine can help you with that… only, costs 600 $ :frowning:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JA-Richards-5HD8B-multiform-steel-rule-Bender-Machine-/360373752937?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e7f31469

Sure I will share the link to my album. I’m yet about to find the right time of Dawn Photography, having some weather conditions difficulties.

What are your suggestions about Sunrise Photography. I want the rays emerging through clouds & the Sun rising from the water :cool:.

Go to the coast on a cloudy day, and make sure to arrive before sunrise… :wink:

For sunrise/sunsets, it’s difficult to have the right timing.

There’s something called the Blue Hour, when the sun gives fantastic coulours, and mostly it’s just for a few secons/minutes, and then it’s gone.

Be there before the sun wakes up.

Depending on the weather, you probably have to return to the place several times to have the best sky or atmosphere.

we need to step outside the box and experiment

Agree, great technologies comes from experiments.

Agree, I actually try this so many times. Sometimes its so hard to catch up with sunrise/sunset most specially if the view is not really that great.
Example.

I shot this one few months ago:

A few seconds later, the colours were not so good anymore.
Try shooting in Raw format aswel, then you can adjust the saturation and temperature of the colours a bit more heavy …
In this example, it’s a bit overkill.

Hello. As for me I’m taking photo course now. And there my master has told me that nowadays we can find different rules of making good pictures. We can read many books where is written information about specific standards that we should to follow to make good picture. But, we can to try something new. Thus, many professionals are intentionally trying to depart from a rule. In such a way they can get some more interesting result with unusual light, foreshortening or composition. Be original and your picture will be a real peace of art!

I agree but it also depends on the eye who’s looking at it.

Good point. The rule of thirds is meant to help your viewer focus on the object that caught your attention as you took the picture. I also like to use “Golden Sections” when editing graphics and photos.

yeah! rules serve as our guidelines or basis. But if you think you can do better without following rules, then go for it.

Funny fact: in the beginning, I shot my photos without knowledge about rules like the rule of thirds.
When I discovered that rule later on, I saw on lots of my photos that this rule was somehow applied without knowing it.

I surmise that you just have a good eye! :eye: