Performance issues with joomla sh404 sef

Hi,
I have a website running on joomla with sh404 sef, I have more then 6000 articles but I am having performance issues more then 50% of the pages are deindexed from google and are showing 404 error

can anyone suggest a good sef plugin which is free or should I use default sef, will the format of the urls remain same please help :injured:

Ok, there seems to be 2 unrelated issues here.

If you are taking a performance hit through sh404sef, try turning on the cache for the site in your global perameters. Once folks have went through you site, your performance problems should go way, way down.

The second issue that you are getting 404s and therefore Google has delisted those pages is probably caused because you haven’t purged your sh404sef setup. Every time there are changes to categories, sections and page titles, sh404sef should be purged so that it can replace old information with new information. Find a link that is currently showing a 404, run a purge and then navigate back to that page. It should appear.

If it does not, do a check at the sh404sef forum. sh404sef is now a supported product so if you haven’t upgraded, it’s worth the money for the improved product and support. sh404sef is the best product out there for custom URLs but it does take some setup and tweaking to get just right.

thanks 5minutejoomla I took a major step and shifted to wordpress now :slight_smile:

I have some other sites in joomla do you think sh404 sef will give a good support if I buy it have you used sh404 sef on some of your sites

Yes, I use and love sh404sef. I consider it a “must use” component when I set up a new site.

I’ve used Open SEF and SEF Advance previously. I liked SEF Advance, but it required ioncube loader, which put me in a real bind when I had to move the site from one host to another and we couldn’t get ion cube loader to work properly at the new host. I turned to sh404sef in that emergency and have used it happily ever since.

I’ve heard Joomla doesn’t handle a lot of urls real well, moving over to Wordpress is probably the safest move.

Especially since you don’t have to pay for any sef writer.

I’ve even used sh404sef many times and never got any issues with it. ReDJ is also a good component which can be used for URL Rewriting at Joomla.

Please read this

http://dev.anything-digital.com/Forum/sh404SEF/6561-Sh404-sef-biggest-asset-or-biggest-problem/

if i keep crawling pages after small purging i am ruined it would never index my site i think wordpress is better option