Personal Blog HTML5

Hi folks,

I watched “the social network” movie last night for the 10th time and every time i watch it i want to do stuff web related.
I want to make my own simple html blog like mark has on the film ^^

simply

<header>

<title>
<blog post>

<title>
<blog post>

<footer>

i was wondering how i can make my own blog without using wordpress, only using html5.
im novice at this stuff, i can make simple sites for now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Adam

You really cant. Not even a simple blog, let alone a social network to compare to FB. Any site you want to update frequently ,and especially any site that will store user input NEEDS a CMS: be it WP, Joomla, Drupal, or something you create on your own; this is where your post and comments would be stored. :slight_smile:

So in addition to HTML and CSS you will need PHP or ASP , MySQL and perhaps some Javascript.

Also… there is no <blogpost> tag, you probably want to use <article> and the <title> tag only goes inside the <head> tag in a document, you probably want to use <Hx>

Thanks for your reply :smiley:

so if i say i shall use Wordpress, assuming its one of the easiest what should be my next step ?

Well, that depend. If all you want is to ‘blog’ then you are in the wrong forum :wink: WP has tons of themes ready made you could buy/get for free. Done.

With a little knowledge of CSS, HTML and PHP and familiarity ( and this is in important ) with THAT PARTICULAR THEME’ s code ouptut, as all themes output their own code… you can edit the style and code output you can change the look and way that your information us output/coded.

With a LOT of knowledge of the above PLUS the WP codex ( a list of all wordpress functions and commands) you can build your own.

the learning curve is, as usual, proportional with the rewards. :slight_smile: