Personification of software: The contest

spaghetti code!

now where’s the lasagna code? code with layers!

Off Topic:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster would be so disappointed in you, BLZ… did you know you’re causing global warming?

Oh, I have a very clear idea of what I want to do… not so sure about the style though… I’ll see if I can post it this evening :slight_smile:

If it comes down to it, I’ll just display my scanned pencil version. But, those are harder to see (the scanner here is pants) than at least inked in Gimp.

Best would be in colour of course.

[OT]OMG Poes, I’m such a twit sometimes.
Somehow I stumbled on some site or other that pointed out it was talk like a pirate day. I was thinking, hmm I wonder if THAT is why Poes changed to a pirate cat. I come back to check, and then I stop to read your new title.

Now I feel shame. So inattentive. I should be forced to walk the plank after I’m done scrubbing the deck…[/OT]

Don’t worry, you will do fine. Your concepts sound good and many can relate to them.

Geez… the way that bird is looking at me is like… “don’t dare to touch me. I’ll exist forever” Definately, IE6!

I’m a simple kind of guy.

Here’s my contribution, I call it the emperor’s new clothes.

Apply to software of your choice, add excessive hype and voila!

Good contest Molona. And I do believe the resident (mute/speechless/soul killing/dulling/foolish/senseless…) feline earns credit on this one too.

Thid the thloth!

LAWLZ!

C’mon people show us how much you HATE IE6 lawlz

That slow, eh? It is great!

I made a nice picture with a penguin standing on Linux but someone mentioned that had been done before. :mad:

I do believe that’s done :stuck_out_tongue: but…

You can do what others do… but in a different way. Search for inspiration if you need! Go crazy and have fun :wink:

Edit: what happen if you give it a try and you do it even better? :eyebrow:

Windows Vista…

Haha, love it. Looks like it’ll be good for a laugh.

At least put up the scan.
I put up a transparent png and some smilies. The bar can’t get lower unless we start burying it, so you aren’t allowed some vague sense of shame as an excuse!

Lawlz it has the kitchen sink!!! You get ++ for kitchen sink.

I’ve been keeping that away from my Emacs guy because it’s so overused but, now I do have to include it at least on his tshirt. Lawlz.

When I’ve pencilled all the characters, I’m going to just post them here and later if I get them inked I’ll repost.

The drawing is so much better than mine… I think I’ll follow the smilies route suggested by BLZ… it seems to be easier for me :slight_smile:

It is better to send it to forums@sitepoint.com. I’ll upload it to flickr :slight_smile:

Here is some inspiration I found -

@Molona, ah well, great idea. My art skills blow hard, so…well, I guess they’re OKish. Not well honed and I lack patience at times; so stick drawings and smilie reuse are where its at for me!

@Poes. New cat. Vim saved it and it’s pet parrot from a horrible fate on a sinking ship. Sweet.

In no time we’ll have you creating the new super hero

vim’s an old, old superhero : )

:lol: In no time we’ll have you creating the new super hero :wink:

@BLZ: my problem is that the concept couldn’t be recognized… don’t expect an artist of me… It’s been long, long time since I sketched something