Photo Challenge (2012) - February

In the United States, the month of February is associated with Valentine’s Day, Washington’s Birthday and it is Black History Month.

Those in Canada celebrate Flag Day (also in Mexico) and Groundhog Day (along with their US neighbors).

February is a month of Independence for Kosovo, Estonia, Kuwait, Sri Lanka and Saint Lucia.

National Wear Red Day is celebrated in the US and UK in February.

International Mother Language Day is February 21st.

What does this all mean for the Sitepoint Monthly Photo Challenge? {I am glad you asked}

You are hereby challenged to post a photograph that illustrates, demonstrates, commemorates, or reiterates a special event celebrated in February in your home country.
If you have lived in several countries (born in one and now reside in another) then do not hesitate to post several photos.

Get those shutters clicking!!!

I love this! I’m going to have to wash my red sweater so I can take a pic of it!

Remember that you are required to be IN the sweater when the picture is taken!!

No… I’m not! :stuck_out_tongue:

better crank out that cupid costume i wore on our Halloween party.

NOW THAT’s THE SPIRIT !!!
Welcome @kitzlerqo;

In my country, we have Lantern Festival and western valentine’s day. Lantern Festival has passed. No photos on that day. Pity! Hope that I have a romantic valentine’s day.

I had never heard of National Wear Red Day until I read this thread, so I looked it up and found this on Wikipedia:

In the UK
National Wear Red Day occurs every year on February 26 and is run by the British Heart Foundation. February is National Heart Month for the BHF and the National Wear Red Day is an annual campaign at the centre of raising awareness of heart disease in the UK. It was created by the BHF and has gained interest year on year.

So, in keeping with the theme, here is the Love of My Life :smiley_vtines: in a red British Heart Foundation :heart_smiley: shirt, winning the local running club’s Valentine’s :valentine-ii: race, which was raising funds for the BHF. :rofl:

That is simply awesome!!!

Congrats to him, BTW.

WOW! we really can celebrate LOVE in any day or way we can. But this one photo of yours is heartmelting. This is running for a cause and best is that he won! this is one big act! and because of this i am thinking of celebrating my valentine’s day in a way it would touch others lives. maybe join blood letting campaign? Such an inspiration.

Happy Valentine’s Day (in the USA)

And around the world, I wish you love and happiness, too!

That’s very romantic, @ParkinT. :slight_smile:

hahaha… thanks for the welcome @ParkinT. i wasn’t able to find the cupid costume so i just got some adult diapers from my grandpa and made a bow and arrow. too bad my phone’s memory got corrupted and i lost the pictures. one things for sure i’m not wearing something like that again. hahahah… people stared man…

Oh Boy. “I’ve heard THAT excuse before!” LOL

I am surprised someone ELSE did not snap a picture of you with their phone. You may want to browse YouTube for a few weeks…

LOL, its true my phones memory card got corrupted and there was no other choice but to reformat. i wanted to post it here and just blur out my face. hahaha… good thing my phone was more ashamed than what i did. i think it did that on purpose to prevent me from embarrassing myself.