Photo Challenge (2012) March - Eyes Skyward

This one was taken in December 2008 and features more interesting clouds, this time with an added rainbow.

I should probably have said it’s taken in the Sound of Islay. The land to the left is the island of Islay, and to the right is the island of Jura.

Did you paddle quickly to the end of that rainbow and locate the Pot-Of-Gold?!

Unfortunately, the ferry docked before we got there. :frowning:

Cannot compete with the pictures above, not by far, but it’s my photo, so here it is.

It was a pretty cold March on the countryside, in the early days of the month.

[QUOTE=itmitică;5085463]Cannot compete with the pictures above, not by far, but it’s my photo, so here it is.

It was a pretty cold March on the countryside, in the early days of the month.

[/QUOTE]
I really like the way you chose to frame the beautiful sky between those two hay bales.
And the contrast in color and density (darker hay against white snow) is outstanding!

That is an excellent photograph. If you experiment with some ‘creative’ cropping you could develop a set of [seemingly] completely different images.

Thanks. I’m feeling pretty good right now. :slight_smile:

The sky really helped that day. My smartphone did the best it could.

Quite right…that sword is something to behold! :smiley:

~TehYoyo

Ok, as works of art these are a miserable failure - but there were at least taken in March. :slight_smile: They were taken this afternoon, from the window on the east side of the house. (We do clean the windows sometimes, but not often in winter. It’s a waste of time - next gale and their caked in salt again. :lol:)

First one is a pretty full arc rainbow:

The second one is the end of the rainbow, with the hint of a second rainbow to the right:

AWESOME photos!
I love rainbows - especially as photo subjects. There is something ‘romantic’ about them.

Thanks for sharing these @TechnoBear!

City of Angel’s Sunset:

Can you see the Angels? - 1200x275

I am a disastrous photographer, but I’ve taken a couple of sky photos over the last few days.
On Thursday evening my bf and I were hanging out on the lawn watching the kids play and I got this one:

Then I flew over to the SitePoint HQ office on Friday morning and got this one as the sun was rising above the clouds:

@HAWK; I love that second shot. I thought it was a dessert, until I read your description.

And that first one didn’t burn your lens?

Me too. We get a lot of rainbows here - I think of it as compensation for all the rain. :slight_smile: I have a lovely rainbow photo I use as my desktop background, but my husband took it, so I’ll not cheat and post it. :wink:

It isn’t like this is a competition with a winner. We’re all friends here. :slight_smile: I don’t think it’s cheating to share as long as you give attribution (and you have). I loved your rainbow pics and would love to see the one your husband took.

OK then - and he was using my camera, so I wasn’t entirely uninvolved. :lol:

He took a whole series that evening, so I’ve picked out two with rainbows:

and another which doesn’t have the rainbow, but has interesting clouds and gorgeous evening colours reflected in the sea:

They were taken in January 2008, and are looking across the Sound of Islay towards the island of Jura.

I like the second one, and the third, although there’s no rainbow, is beautiful! The colours, and the clouds embracing the hill top.

@TechnoBear ; I love these! Especially the second one where the green adds such remarkable contrast. Beautiful colors. Wish I was there to see it!

The colours here are really quite special, and ever-changing, too. We don’t need skill to take a good photo - just point and click and nature does the rest. :x

Hope you get to visit us sometime @Shyflower - I’m sure you’d love it. :slight_smile:

I know I would. I’m what they call here “Scots-Irish” heritage and visiting both countries has been a life-long dream. Maybe some day…

I don’t think anything can burn an iPhone!