Photo Showcase: Make a farm animal out of food

This thread was looking a little lonely… At the moment I don’t have any materials really suitable for a mainly vegetable animal at home. As I was wasn’t going down town to buy the right vegetables I just used what was available.

So I just spent less than 10 minutes and created: Sarah the Sheep.

Anatomically it’s not that correct but I hope it provides some amusement. In the second shot she is feeding on some corn pellets - cow nuts in fact. :slight_smile:

Food is food, no need to use just vegetables.
What a cute sheep. Where did I hear that name before… :smiley:

What did you use for those beautiful blue eyes?

Polo mints: Polo (confectionery) - Wikipedia I would have preferred blue Smarties [URL=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smarties”]Smarties - Wikipedia but haven’t been anywhere near the larger shops or I would have done some more animals.

Love it!

Hmm. HAWK, I realise you have four very outstanding photo entries of animals ranging from; sheep to chickens and even a horse to build up this small SPF menagerie. :smiley:

So I know it will have been a tough decision judging them… Though can I ask Sarah if you have come to a conclusion regarding to whom has won this competition and the “I :heart: HTML, coffee mug” as you gave your word on?

Because I’d personally like to “congratulate” them. Regarding their; effort and achievement, artist merit, enthusiastic SPF community participation and general ‘give-it-a-go’ spirit towards entering this ‘fun competition’. :slight_smile:

However, I am at a loss in that respect because so far, I haven’t seen evidence of a winning animal/member being announced yet. Thus would it be possible you could please give a date or something if you haven’t already informed them?

So that I can publicly congratulate them here for their creative efforts and competitive spirit, etc. :tup:

Thankee

I sure have Robert. It was you… see the Crier that went out last night. :slight_smile:
I was waiting for it to release before announcing it here.
Email me your delivery details and I’ll get that organised for you. And congratulations. :slight_smile:

Congratulations Robert :smiley:

That was a bit of a bolt out of the blue, I noticed early this evening when the Crier arrived in my inbox… I gracefully accept your decision. Obviously I didn’t expect to be placed first. As the other entrants were of as high quality like I mentioned above. I think the others were just as deserving as me; so it’s a shame there weren’t runner-up prizes to give out. :slight_smile:

I’d like to thank the other two contenders for giving us the pleasure and entertainment of viewing their creative food animals and for giving the competition their full support. They also deserve recommendation for their sterling efforts. :cool:

Plus giving some good stiff competition and making sure Sarah had to make a tough decision regarding which animal would be placed where during the judging period.

Thank you Ken for your message of ‘congratulations’ it’s very sporting and I think your entries were great too. :smiley:

Congrats, Robert! Enjoy your cup! :slight_smile:

And since you always ask everyone else: what will be you drinking from it?

Remon, I’ll be drinking molten markup, why what else did you think it would be? I should really say; fresh milk from our four-legged monsters at home - shameless plug time. :wink:

Congratulations Robert. Well done mate. Enjoy.

Tony

Thank you Tony, I think you did a first-rate Sheep myself.

Your sheep also probably could have walked a lot further than my tiny Sarah sheep - yours had better legs. :smiley:

I hope you enjoyed competing and would be happy to compete again should a similar competition appear on the SPF. :slight_smile:

Absolutely! :wink:

Congratulations Rob clap clap

Congratulations to you! Yippie Robert!

Thank you Nuria and Lena.PSS for stopping by and admiring my tiny sheep I have her well-fed and trained. :slight_smile:

So when will we be seeing photos of the coffee mug in use? :smiley:

I am still waiting for it to arrive… so you’d have to ask Sarah about whether it has been dispatched or what route it’s taking? Perhaps if you are lucky (when it arrives) I might take a photo, etc. :slight_smile:

It was sent last week. You should get it soon. :slight_smile:

This Sarah the Sheep moves pretty fast… Blink and you’ll miss her. :wink:

As was mentioned when her mug reached destination I’d take a photo. As she was a mainly a vegetable animal she wouldn’t look too stunning with age. :smiley:

So instead I’ve had to settle with taking a picture of her as a virtual ‘food animal’ sheep on a Netbook. It’s not a great photo but I kept true my word and give you the amazing “I :heart: HTML Cup” as modelled by Sarah the SPF prize winning Sheep.

Also included in the photo; a bottle of her “favourite drink” so please enjoy one and all. :slight_smile: