Photography Principles - 01 Introduction

Yes indeed this is a great project you have started here Shaun. This could go on for many weeks since so many subjects within this field have to be explored and explained.

Understanding all of them together will in the end make for good photographers :slight_smile:

[FONT=“Georgia”]Well, the more control you have over the camera’s functions, the better off you’d be.

If you’re using an automatic camera, you’d be limited by what the camera chooses to expose for you. But you’d still have control over the subject, your angle, how your frame, what time of day you shoot.

If you really want consistant, repeatable results, the ideal is to have full manual control. Lots of compacts these days have a manual mode, like the one I’m getting (Canon Powershot SX120). Scene modes can also be useful, as I’ve learnt myself from reading the Photo for Web book. But still, without all the fun stuff like flashes and cool lenses, it’s possible to get really nice pics if you’re lit well.

Check this out;
The iPhone Fashion Shoot by Lee Morris

[/FONT]

Superb post, Shaun! :tup:

It definitely accomplished that I’m very much looking forward to whatever you have in store next.

I’m a total amateur. No, I think even that is an exaggeration. I’m far less than that, so what I’d love to see is some tips on what one can accomplish with the worst of the worst, meaning cheap mobile phone cameras. I have an iPhone and occasionally take a photo with it. I’ve seen photographers who have used the iPhone for snapshots and, wow, they were so very good, eventhough the equipment is probably an insult to many who take photogaphy seriously.

So something like, “how you can make beautiful shots with primitive equipment” would be nice. :slight_smile:

Look these photograhps are nice, I like the lipstick one the purple lipstick pinkish looks nice.