Photography

can anybody tell how much it will cost for a single one to start photography from the beginning. or any inspirational guidance will be welcome …
Thanks

Eventzkaze,

Do you mean start practicing photography? If so, I think it could vary based on what you want to do and the resources you already have available. If you don’t have a computer or a camera, it could be costly for you. If you already have a laptop or another computer, you can usually get starter kits that have a camera and memory card for about 4-600 dollars. I suppose you could start with something less expensive for around 150 if you aren’t sure about getting into photography. If you are taking any kind of photography courses, they typically want you to buy a DLR with a good lense which will run you a bit more.

Depending on what you are doing with images, you may also have to purchase a photo editing program. You can get photoshop elements for pretty cheap (around 100 dollars) and it does some cool stuff.

You can find more answers and ideas here,

Best,

Shawn

To become a photographer you just need a camera. And you don’t need a super high-end camera to start out. Having an expensive camera will not make you a good or even better photographer. I know many successful photographers that started out using a very low-end camera and built their knowledge of the subject from practice with it. The most valuable advice anyone can give is to get out and practice. Get out and shoot pictures of anything and everything, and then analyze them one by one. Study how pictures taken by professionals look and ask yourself the questions, “what makes them so good? What is it about them that is so appealing?”

The bottom line is: You can’t master something without practicing it. Practice, practice, practice, then practice some more.

I’ve posted this in the above thread

It will help make an idea of what to do and how to start.

The cost will most likely come from the camera. If you are serious, I would start with a DSLR camera. A Canon or Nikon are your best bets. The camera can be $500-$5000 depending on which one you get. More importantly, the lens should be a priority. I recommend a 50mm f1.8 lens always.

If you are planning for going to a tour one thing that really needed is your cam as you can capture your cheerful moments by using it. The natural beauty and astonishing scenes are the juice of your trip and you can take it with you via photographs.

My recommendation is to start with buying second hand DSLR (Nikon D90, D300, D300s or Canon’s similar model). The rate this technology improves is amazing so some great camera are replaced with even greater.
Once you have the camera, buy the lenses. Again, since you’re a beginner but some 50mm 1.8 (Nikon has it for $85) and some 70-200mm lens. This should be enough for a starter.

i just want to learn photography tips for my leisure not for any specific reason … at times when i go out for adventure, the same skill will be of immense help to me to grab bold shots …so thanks for your suggestion here…

You dont need anything to start photography. Maybe a camera phone? Even if you do not have one, you can practise with your eyes. Learn to see things and see light are 2 most important skills in photography

For postprocessing:

You don’t even have to buy expensive software like photoshop.

You can use GIMP, free open source that can do A LOT !

Or webbased software like this :

for starting you need simple camera and take classes under expert took knowledge from everyone… best of luck

maybe $1500…

As the OP is no longer with us, I think it is safe to close this thread.

Thanks to all who replied.