Php Extensions Problem

I just installed new cPanel 11 and now I’m having problems with php pages. All .html and .gif pages load fine, but any page with a “.php” extension doesn’t load properly and gives the error:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

Note that php is working because I’m able to access phpMyAdmin via cPanel. Please advise.

Check the appropriate Apache error log.

I checked /usr/logs/apache and error_log. The log was too big so I deleted it and made a new file. Now no new logs are showing up.

Do you have any other suggestions?

I made a page “test.html”

It contains the text “test” and it loads

As soon as I change the filename to “test.php” I get the error: “500 Internal Server Error”

Note that the error_log says:

“[Sun Apr 04 15:53:44 2010] [error] [client 24.189.58.215] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File “/home/tbz/public_html/test.php” is writeable by group
[Sun Apr 04 15:53:44 2010] [error] [client 24.189.58.215] Premature end of script headers: test.php”

What do you think is the problem?

It says that the file “is writeable by group” so I would check to see if the file/folder permissions match up with what cPanel says they should be.

I know no more than this about the issue though, so you may want to see if our Server Management forum has any further assistance.