PHP form and MSSQL help

I have a PHP form that adds data to a MySQL DB, I now have to convert that PHP code so that it will work on a MSSQL DB. PHP is running fine on the server.

Here’s what I have so far, basically I changed everything that WAS mysql_ to mssql_ but it’s not working. I have a line that I’m not showing that calls a config file that connects to the DB as well, I’m also not showing the HTML form unless you need it.

<?php
            if (isset($_POST['vendor_id'])) { //Check for a field that is mandatory to do the inserted
            $vendor = mssql_escape_string($_POST['vendor_id']);
            $name = mssql_escape_string($_POST['name_id']);
            $version = mssql_escape_string($_POST['version']);
            $serial = (!empty($_POST['serial'])) ? $_POST['serial'] : 'NULL';
            $productkey = (!empty($_POST['productkey'])) ? $_POST['productkey'] : 'NULL';
            $department = mssql_escape_string($_POST['department']);
            $owner = mssql_escape_string($_POST['owner']);
            $computer = (!empty($_POST['computer'])) ? $_POST['computer'] : 'NULL';
            $comments = (!empty($_POST['comments'])) ? $_POST['comments'] : 'NULL';
            $acquired = (!empty($_POST['acquired'])) ? $_POST['acquired'] : 'NULL';
            $retired = mssql_escape_string($_POST['retired']);
        $sql = "INSERT INTO dbo.keylist_detail (vendor_id,name_id,version,Serial,ProductKey,department_ID,owner,computer,Comments,acquired,retired)
                VALUES (''$vendor','$name','$version',$serial','$productkey','$department','$owner','$computer','$comments','$acquired','$retired'')";
        mssql_query($SQL);
        if (mssql_query($sql)) {
            echo '<strong><em>Your data has been submitted</em></strong><br /><br />';
                } else {
            echo '<p>Error adding submitted info: ' . mssql_error(). '</p>';
        }
        }
        ?>

Is it a typing error that $SQL is uppercase in the first call but lowercase in the ‘If’ (as it is defined)?

What do you get from a

var_dump(mssql_query($sql)); 

?

In what way is it “not working”? Do you see any data being INSERTed into the database?

No data is being passed through to the DB.