PHP Framework Preference

Please select your preferred PHP framework :smiley:

CodeIgniter is all one word and the preferred spelling is with a capital I.

If I could figure out how to edit the poll I would change it for you as well as add a new option for “None - I just wing it procedurally”.

Voted. Granted my use in PHP is limited and since I work with a very limited clientele, I usually roll my own or continue with whatever was already established.

I create my own PHP Framework. As i can cater to what i need and the project needs. I feel other frameworks are too heavy. Yes i know CodeIgnitor is fairly light weight however its also very limited to the type of projects i work on.

Not on the list, but for recent project used lithium, it’s simple and easy to customize.

Consider it done :slight_smile:

Ah thank you! Guys, please feel free to share why you prefer this approach as well. What features does your framework have that you think sets it apart from the others. As well as provide what your “Other” selection may have been :smiley:

Of the frameworks I have worked with (Zend Framework, Symfony2, Kohana and Yii) I really like Symfony2 for a few different reasons:

• It doesn’t try to do to much and it’s easy to set up just the way I want it.
  • Twig is a really nice template system to work with
  • It’s easy to integrate Doctrine

I really like to Zend Framework.

Off Topic:

Fixed

Yup, same here. I love it.
It’s super minimalistic, doesn’t get in the way, is fully PHP 5.3, and I really like the Aspect Oriented Programming idea :slight_smile:

I love CodeIgniter.

I’ve yet to see a framework which meets my fairly basic criteria:

1. Being easy to test and not overusing static methods
  2. having a 1:1 controller:view relationship (E.g. not having “controller actions” which do view selection)
  3. and actually implementing MVC rather than PAC (The view should get its own data from the model!)
  4. Controllers/models/views not needing to inherit from framework specific base classes

So I’ve developed my own.