PHP / Moodle issue - certificate generation and sending

Hi, I’m using a Moodle system (training course software that also generates certificates, PHP based) which currently displays the certificate as a PDF to the user when they complete the questions.

I need to find a way of suppressing display of the certificate so it doesn’t show to the user, and also have that PDF generated in the background and automatically emailed to a specified email address instead.

There seems to be very little information about how to modify this software. I’ve read that there’s a function called certificate_cron (which I found in lib.php) that needs to be altered, but no information about how it should be altered. Nothing I’ve found in the official support is of help either.

HAs anyone used this before and know how to modify this part of the system? Thanks!

Well for softwares like Moodle you should ask such questions on their own support forum:

I think its easier and faster to get an answer there than on sitepoint, I honestly dont think any advanced coders here have used Moodle.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.