Php Mysql Invoicing System

Hi friends,
thanks to all SP members/staff for providing me valuable suggestion/help to complete my first PHP-MySql Based CMS. The CMS is working perfectly. :):slight_smile: . Now to expand my knowledge about PHP & MySql, I want to start a new CMS (Invoicing System). I hope I will get help from all SP member to complete my this CMS also. So I need suggestion about the table structure, features & all other things. I have created four tables named.

1. Items
  2. Clients
  3. Users
  4. Invoices

Please post your valuable suggestion so I can learn & programme this CMS.:slight_smile:

regards

I always start by listing what information I will need to store, then break it up into tables and see what crossovers I have.

I will usually then plan the CMS and research similar systems to see if I am missing something out.

For the system you are writing if it is commercial you may wish to include a backup feature. A settings file or table is also a good idea to input company name address etc, this will be useful when creating print friendly pages and emails that require the company details to be displayed.

thanks brother for your suggestion. I will add a table (like Company) to store information about company.

I need some more suggestion about the topics below :-

1. How to prevent from Sql Injection (Googling about it & learning)
  2. Should I use template engine (Like Smarty)

Depends on your knowledge of smarty and the complexity of the invoicing system. If it is a paid job is the money worth the added work?

I do like smarty and would use it on a large cms or something I am going to reuse. Smaller projects I just tend to stick to CSS.

No, its not a paid job. Actually I am starting this project to learn more about php & mysql. Because I am new in this field so I dont know much about smarty. Simple things I can do. But when it comes to use arrays & functions in Smarty I find it difficult to solve. So I am going to start it without any template engine.

I would learn more about arrays before I started to design an entire invoice system. The PHP docs go into good detail about arrays.

Sql Injection- This is a good start.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-real-escape-string.php

Make sure register globals are off, and to be extra safe… don’t use the same vars in your query/function as you do on your url. IE: sample.com?name=bob
Do not use $name in your code.

thanks for ur suggestions bro… :slight_smile: