Php - Navigation simplified for me please

On Sonny Gunnz.com I used php, And I just noticed when you click a link that the entire page refresh’s which in my mind defeats the point of having it in php. What I want to happen is the Header, Nav & Footer stay on screen when a link is hit and just the main box on the right changes. Anyone got the solution for this

You could always use ajax.

Ajax would end with same result as frames. and even worse - no SE indexing, no bookmarks etc.

To be honest, you only really notice the page refreshing on http://www.sonnygunnz.com/ because most of the site is in Flash… if the navigation & header were done in CSS… you wouldn’t notice the page refreshing.

@Shrapnel, I suggested Ajax seeing as most of his site is in Flash, if he was interested in SERPs he would not be using flash.

Saying that… if you want to keep the site flash, why not make the content area flash too? That way it’d all be in one object and you could make it slide in without the page refreshing.

I tried doing the whole page in flash and I could not get a good slideshow going for the photos page. The one I used is AS2 and when I would change back to the home frame the child loader would stay on the stage. I gave up. But my main problem was on youngswaggaman.com I wanted the News box to change when the nav is hit and the rest of the page to stay the same. And for that site I dont want to use any IFRames and I want the music player at the bottom to stay playing when navigating through the website

or wait. Your whole site become frameset. That’s not good.
Dunno if there is any proper solution.

You are right to avoid frames.
But you have to learn technology a bit, to be able to ask proper questions.
PHP is a server side technology. It has nothing to do with page loads. It merely serves browser requests. What browser asks - what PHP gives out.
So, to reload page or not - it is matter of HTML and browser, not PHP.

For your player I’d suggest to use a frame. Not iframe, but old good frameset

Sounds good to me thank you

nothing bad with such a refresh
This sitepoint forum refresh whole page on click as well
it’s the way all websites work

so no way to do it without using Iframes?? Im trying to avoid frames. Basically my problem is im also working on YoungSwaggaMan.com And there is a music player at the bottom. And on that page when a link is clicked the whole page refreshes and that would mess up the mp3 player.