PHP Not Returning Desired Results in Selected Browsers

Hi There

I am hoping someone can help with this query as I am at a loss.

I have written this query

SELECT ID, CompanyName
FROM wires
INNER JOIN wireCompanyIndex ON wires.ID = wireid
WHERE TRUE
AND wires.CompanyName LIKE “%Wire & Tube Search Ltd%”
LIMIT 0 , 30

On a site that I am developing and it works perfectly in Firefox bringing be back exactly what I expect to get from the Database no problems. However, where I try the same feature in Chrome or Safari I get nothing back. Not a blank page but a reload of the form that has just been processed to generate the query (using $_GET)

Hope someone can help me with this it’s driving me round the twist.

G

It nothing to do with the browser not running the query, more likely to be the form and action thats not being sent properly.
Can you post the form code and $_GET query parameters?

Hi There

Thanks for that.

I have put the controller PHP and the form into two separate pastie documents I hope that is ok (obviously deleted out connection settings - although they do work nicely).

http://www.pastie.org/2648801 - The Controller
http://www.pastie.org/2648818 - The From

Hope this can shed some light on the problem. I am a new PHP Developer so know there are some holes in this as I am still finding my feet.

G

Ah sorry just realised you do not have all the info.

If in my form I choose a country it all works lovely - on everything.

If however I leave it as Please Select it does not work

You may need to add an ‘action’ to the form as some browsers wont act without it.

action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>" 

That said I just ran a quick test in Chrome on the Mac and it picked it up without it.
Add an action and see what happens.

Hmmm no still no a happy camper with that - sorry. Still giving me the same result.

Would you like the URL so you know the site I am talking about?

Sure, PM me if you dont want it broadcast :slight_smile:

aha seem to have sorted it with a full URL in the action"" . Although not sure why the JavaScript element in Safari is not working